1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie dash fault pls help!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_absautos, Jul 10, 2004.

1. hi all, i have a '98 a4 1.6 and the disply section of the dash(where it shows the multi function display, radio stations etc) sometimes dont work i know it can be switched on and off via the wiper switch but it still dnt work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S4

Is it completely dead or just faded? These units are notorious for fading. Mine does it from time to time (well, quite a lot of the time, actually).

There's no known cure other that complete replacement which is expensive. I've seen upwards of £400 quoted before now.

4. jonathanA4

jonathanA4 New Member

Mine fades as well around the edges, and it seems to do it when it gets hot outside or in the car.

5. mine was dead when i bought it, then it decided to work perfectly for about a week and i havnt seen it working since.

6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S4

[ QUOTE ]
    amar said:
    mine was dead when i bought it, then it decided to work perfectly for about a week and i havnt seen it working since.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That sounds more like a wiring fault. Have you tested the circuit, & all the connections etc?

7. have checked the connections behind the radio thats all so far, thought it may be the wiper switch any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif