1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie checking in!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by manc_s3, Jan 30, 2011.

1. manc_s3

manc_s3 New Member

[Jan 30, 2011]
    Hi chaps, just thought I would stick my head in the door and say hello... been reading this forum for a couple of weeks. I bought a 2010 S3 S Tronic Black Edition and should pick it up next week. Will post a couple of pics when I take delivery.

Couple of quick questions ...

1) I see that its possible to retrofit RNS-E. Can this be done with BOSE?

2) I am looking to get a REVO map.. are there any issues with S Tronic and REVO in terms of peak torque. I have done a fair bit of reading on here about it but not really seen much mention of the s-tronic tbh.

Well, thanks for the info so far :yes:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator Regional Rep

[Jan 30, 2011]
    welcome to the forum hope it helps you as much as it has me , with regards to your S3 very nice car good choice but i thought rnse was standard with late S3's i may be wrong tho
  4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

[Jan 30, 2011]
    Yes you can fit RNSE with BOSE
  5. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Welcome to the forum and congratz on the new car. Bet you cant wait to collect it.
    As said sat nav and bose can be fitted. And i wouldnt worry about a remap and s-tronic gearbox Toby on here has a Ibis White S3 S-tronic last time i saw his thread he car was pushing out 360bhp+ and not had any issues.
  6. manc_s3

manc_s3 New Member

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Thanks guys. I will be looking into RNS-E then. Dont think its standard? My car is a July 2010 car if that helps? I dont even think its standard now is it? My local dealer has a brand new S3 just arrived in - thats the car I drove on the test drive - and that did not have the nav?

Will be looking into Revo over the next couple of weeks once I settle in with the car.

I assume you are all running on v-power / tesco99 etal.
  7. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Jan 31, 2011]
    indeed we are mate, yes my11 have RNS-e standard afaik... always run mine on v-power/tesco99 unless you get caught short in which case i will put around fiver super untill i find a tesco/shell :wacko:

with regards to DSG & revo, im pretty sure the S tronics can handle higher torque/BHP than the made from cheese manual clutch, ive done mine in 10k at stage 1 and its gone badly!
  8. N8

[Jan 31, 2011]
    I run v-power diesel in my car and my van :laugh:
  9. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

[Jan 31, 2011]
    legend! i put it in my new van last week! felt like a plonka paying for it haha!! each to their own :haha:
  10. manc_s3

manc_s3 New Member

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Sounds a bit better re the clutch - yes I was worried about the manual clutch but went for S-Tronic in the end as I am lazy and my last car had a super hard clutch so quite happy to get back to an auto.

Re the nav, dunno what the score is there - maybe it was an older car or something then - it had not been registered yet - they wanted £31850 for it. Other than leather it had no options at all. HTH!
  11. L33TAY

L33TAY Member

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Hi Mate

Get a trial on the REVO first, I have a nightmare with it with flatspots, and REVO have admitted to issues on MY11 cars, so if it's MY10 you may be OK

I am getting really bad hesitation/flatspots from about 2800rpm upto 6000rpm, so much so that the car makes you feel sick after a while.

I will be getting it taken off very soon when I get a chance/time, as REVO have stated that it could be a while till they come up with a solution.

Just giving you the heads up

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it
  12. Bugsy_27

Bugsy_27 Vorsprung Durch Technik

[Jan 31, 2011]
    welcome to the site mate, nice spec you've gone for.

I'm guessing your a fellow manc!
  13. manc_s3

manc_s3 New Member

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Yep from sunny Manchester, people's republic of.

The full spec of the car is, Black Ed, Leather, Bose (std on BE?), Cruise, Parking Sensors, Auto lights & Wipers, S-Tronic, multispoke wheels (also std on BE?), heated seats, multi-function wheel, bluetooth, ipod thingy.

The only major thing missing is sat nav but looks like I can retrofit quite easily.

Only had a 10 min drive so far, the delivery driver did not get here till 6pm. Dropped him off at the station in the car - seems impressive! Considering its only 260bhp! It does go well, with a nice turbo shove up the back! How I missed that! The last turbo car I had was a WRX back in 2003.

Very happy so far :)
  14. N8

[Jan 31, 2011]
    Makes the engine run better! :shutup2: :asskicking::eyebrows: