Newbie - Audi S3

Look at ALA. They seem to offer the best cover, there's always a 20% off code knocking around online or cash back sites. I think you're looking around £200 on an s3 replacement car.

Some gap policies will return to invoice eg pay the difference in what you get paid out and what you paid for the car. Replacement car pays the difference between what your paid out and the cost of a replacement meaning if the price goes in 2 years you don't have to worry about anything. Hope this helps m

Plenty threads about GAP but the basics are that Audi is over priced and only covers return to invoice. Other 3rd party companies like ALA and GapInsurance123 will provide replacement car cover which covers you for any discount and future price rises.

As an example, i used Gap123 for my A3 8V and got replacement car cover for £169 for 3 years. I think Audi GAP is about £400 for RTI.

How much discount did you get?

I am not sure I need to look around .....

My initial quote was £450 ....I then asked for GAP and 3yrs servicing for the same price and he quoted £460 ....so that's £180 for 3yrs GAP and £180 for 3yrs Servicing .... Seems fair to me...?

Should I really be concerned about the detail of the cover as both seem to pretty much cover me for total loss?

Well, it looks like you have everything sussed, crack on..

David,

Only issue with Audi cover is that it'll only cover the invoice price if the car is written off. This price is after any discounts are taken off of the OTR price. With vehicle replacement cover, the full cost to replace the car is covered so you would have the discount covered too.

Lets just say your car is valued at £35000 but you've managed a 10% discount taking the invoice price to £31500. If your car is written off and insurance values it at £25000, RTI GAP will pay you £6500 to take it back to the invoice price. With replacement car you'll get £10000 to take you back to the actual cost to replace the car. You'll also be paid the difference (if any) due to price increases.

Hope this helps.

Si :)

GAP = Cancelled ...will use third party

Any feedback on my quote peeps? I got my sales guy already trying to increase the price from a £470 spec change .......Need to get my purchasing head on for Saturday!!! Sales guy is trying to say he is doing it at cost already .... LOL .....yeah right !?!!!

GAP = Cancelled ...will use third party

Any feedback on my quote peeps? I got my sales guy already trying to increase the price from a £470 spec change .......Need to get my purchasing head on for Saturday!!! Sales guy is trying to say he is doing it at cost already .... LOL .....yeah right !?!!!

Have you compared the quote to Drive the Deal, Carwow, Carfile or Orangewheels? I took my quote from Carwow which was about 10% off and my local dealer beat it and I got about 14% off.

How do i work out the percentage of discount on a PCP cost?

Yeah ive rinsed Carwow and my last response was "I cannot compete with that price" (£460)

What is the rough GFV of an S3 on 30K miles PCP?

GAP Elsewhere.....? Cheaper...? Please explain.....

GAP FAQ here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2286700

How do i work out the percentage of discount on a PCP cost?

Previous discounts threads here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/just-ordered-my-s3-saloon-with-10-off-list-price.225944/
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/discount-gfv.221931

Discounts are always quoted pre VAT and OTR costs, excluding registration, delivery, VED, Registration Fee etc.
Only on Base Car Price and Options are discountable.

Last edited:
The price you quoted in an ealrier post is the full OTR price with no discount? You should really be getting at least £3k off that. Where in the country are you? There are plenty dealers out there who will try a bit harder. Coventry seem to be one of the best for discounts.

Try Carfile which is Coventry, if distance is a problem get them to deliver your car - EZ

So from all those sites im getting a discounted price of £30700 ..... how do I relate that to the PCP price?

Spot On!!!!

Plumbed it all in ....

GFV coming out at £18K
Monthly cost = £445 (pretty close to my offer)

Discounted price = £30700 ....( That's a 9% discount)