1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie advice!

Discobaseline Apr 28, 2007

1. Discobaseline

Discobaseline New Member

Guys, fantastic forum!

I signed up yesterday after deciding to get myself an A3 through my my scheme at work. Basically, im opting out and taking the cash which gives me a budget of 20k for a year old A3, 16 for an '05, 13k for an '04. Ive test driven a 2.0 TDi 140 Sport and was really impressed (currently I drive a 56 Zafira 1.8 Sri, so everything seems impress imo!).

Anyway, ive noticed that in 05 the grills changed to a single piece, and was wondering if I could by a 2004 S Line and update the front?

With the above budget (and as im 24, work will only pay my insurance upto group 12, so no 2.0 TDi 170!), which model/year would people recommend?

Also, im considering getting the Nav retro fitted as many have done, but are there any other 'essentials' I should be looking for??

Cheers,

Dan

2. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

Welcome to the forum.

Changing the front grill is a little more than just changing the grill. I think a new bonnet may be required.

I would go for an 05 if possible. I now have a 2007 2.0TDI-170 Sportaback but my previous car was a 2.0TDI-140 3-door which I had for nearly 3 years and 36,000 miles. Great car.