Newbie - Advice Needed Please

Baxt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've currently got a Scirroco r-line but looking to get an A5 BE+ ordered fairly quickly after having a look and falling in Iove with them fairly quickly!

I've got 3 options at present:

1. 190 TDI with an multitronic gearbox, sepang blue, new black gloss style alloys.
2. 177 TDI with an s-tronic gearbox in sepang blue, rotor alloys.
3. 177 TDI with an s-tronic gearbox in daytona grey with electric mirrors and interior lighting, rotor alloys.

They are all working out at around the same price so was just hoping for a bit of guidance on the gearboxes (i.e: which one!!) and anything else you may think I need to consider?

Also I'm confused by the added option of 'Bluetooth-low prep' as I thought Bluetooth was standard?

Cheers!

Hey Baxt

Personally I'm not a fan of the multi-tronic box. It's hugely smooth on runs but if you're pushing the car, it just doesn't feel right especially on full throttle.

Can't go wrong with the 177bhp engine tho.

I'm not even a bit jealous ;)

Greg

Cheers Greg,

I bit the bullet and have ordered the 177 bhp in sepang blue with the s-tronic box. I'm picking it up on Tuesday.....can't wait.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audib5fan
Pretty sure you won't regret it. Would be interested to hear what you think of the s-tronic box.

Greg

Reactions: Audib5fan
Option 2 or 3. Deffinately take the s tronic. I've got it and it just feels a much more refined natural drive. The multitronic is good but you get a weird driving sensation with it. I guess you can get use to it. I have a 2014 A4 Black edition in monsoon grey.

Baxt,
Multitronic is CTV (continuously variable transmission) which changes the ratios by means of a chain between two conical pulleys.
S-tronic is a 'normally' geared transmission but with two clutches (one for odd gears the other for even) so that shifting can be automatic.
I have no experience of the first, but in theory CVT is a great idea as it can keep the engine working in the best part of the torque curve of the engine and gives a smoother drive - which seems to match what others have written. But I have also read that people who come from manual cars find it weird as it seems gearless - which again seems to match the reports here.

Hi all,

I've currently got a Scirroco r-line but looking to get an A5 BE+ ordered fairly quickly after having a look and falling in Iove with them fairly quickly!

I've got 3 options at present:

1. 190 TDI with an multitronic gearbox, sepang blue, new black gloss style alloys.
2. 177 TDI with an s-tronic gearbox in sepang blue, rotor alloys.
3. 177 TDI with an s-tronic gearbox in daytona grey with electric mirrors and interior lighting, rotor alloys.

They are all working out at around the same price so was just hoping for a bit of guidance on the gearboxes (i.e: which one!!) and anything else you may think I need to consider?

Also I'm confused by the added option of 'Bluetooth-low prep' as I thought Bluetooth was standard?

Cheers!
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x