Newbie - A6 or A4

pstar2002

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm looking for a new motor and have got my eye on one of the following:

Audi A6 (C6) Avant (S-line 170bhp)
Audi A$ (B8) Avant (S-Line 170bhp)

I have taken the A6 out for a drive and to me its a big car, well I do drive a fabia. I then took an A4 saloon out after and this felt more comfortable (maybe it's more fabia sized in the driving seat) however it was less refined.

So, what are your views on the above cars, does the size of the A6 make it a big cumbersome car or is the size something you get used to along with the luxury and space?

All thoughts welcome

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Good luck with your choice of car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Reactions: pstar2002
Haven't driven a B8 A4 (have driven an A5), and owned a C6 Avant.

if your looking for a cruiser/a to b car, then the A6 is the choice. It is huge (5m long!) so make sure you get one with front and rear parking sensors to be safe.

If your looking for a car to throw around, go for the A4. The A4s chassis is a much sportier chassis. It's still not a small car, can't be much shorter than the C6, so I would still try and get one with sensors.

The A6 is a much classier car, much more refined and luxury inside. If this is what your looking for, then the C6 is the only choice. The is a lot more spacious inside, so makes the car feel bigger.

i certainly wouldn't change my C6 for an A4 anymore.

So..

At the office there is / has been the following:

A3, S3, A4, S5, A6, A7 and Q7. Being a smallish company i've either been a passenger in or driven all of them. The A3 and A4 have, IMO, better handling characteristics are smaller than the others and have most gadgets you can want. The S series are great fun to drive but drink fuel and for luxury, better toys the 6 & 7 are better.

I drive 30 miles each way to office everyday and my A6 is brilliant. It's had a remap so has power when needed but is so comfortable to cruise with. Has all the toys I need and with a few subtle mods my peers think it looks a very 'sexy' car.

So, go for the A6!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ste_Nova and Jonse
i have had 3 a4's and a a4 cabriolet, but i have just got an a6 c6, i must say i love it, its a little bit bigger then the a4's yeah, but it feels bigger then it realy is on the inside, it dosent take long to get use to it, and when you do it just feels right!!

i love the quality feel you get with it, although the a4's arnt shabby. but the a6 just make you feel better , its still chuckable too. well i put mine through it paces and it didnt feel bad at all,

think its all about what you like in the end, i love a4's, and now i love a6's but the a6 is a bit class-e-ere dare i say!!