Newbie - A4 Avant S line - B8

Dazza0685

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys. Im not new to the site but i am new to this section.
I have just changed from a 2006 A3 Sportback to a 2009 A4 Avant so i thought id introduce myself over here.

Im aware there are nicer cars on the site but coming from the A3 to this i am very happy with the A4 so here are some photos:

Old car:
DSC00360.jpg

New car:

DSC00392.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

(Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I have only had it 2 days and havent had chance to take good ones yet)

I loved my A3 but i have to say in my opinion the A4 is a nicer car, and being the first S line i have owned it feels very special to drive too.

As it was pushing my budget to the max i couldnt really afford one with lots of toys so its fairly sparsley specced up but luckily standard spec is quite good.
However there are a few things im interested in retrofitting:
Ami, Bluetooth, And maybe one day i will look into upgrading to the MMi too.

How easy are the AMi and Buetooth to source and fit? What kind of price are they?

I also have one question about the DIS.. I cannot seem to get the mileage trip to reset (the one to the right of the total mileage display) Anyone know why this may be?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello mate.

Can't really answer your questions, I've only had my A4 a week, so don't know much ... BUT welcome to the B8 avant club!
You car looks awesome, toys are fun, I'm sure people like NHN will be along shortly telling you how to retrofit stuff, but from my brief research it isn't cheap to do so.

:respekt:

ami and bluetooth doable, there are a few guides around, but mm1 forget it.cost prohibitive and a real pig to do.

The trip computer reset button is the one between the DIS and the speedo, is that what you have been pressing?

I have been pressint the button below the Dis.. the one opposite the 'Set' button. I can work all the Dis but cannot get the trip to reset :think:... Just makes me feel a bit stupid as its normally so simple!

your car is the same as mine same year and colour and have had it only a week spooky that. I have made some enquiries re updating the system with ami mmi etc and it appears to be very expensive. there is a sytem on ebay made by eto which does all the things you need for £379. I was wandering if anyone had heard purchased one any feedback would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum mate. If your also looking to wash the car and preserve the cars paint work i woudld take a trip over to the detailing section and look at the sticky topics for your paintwork. Keeps your pride and joy in glorious condition and looking slick.

As for the retrofitting of equipment, others can offer better advice than myself but i do think some things are going to be more hassle than its worth.

Sometimes it might just be better to improvise and hope the others can help you in this respect.

Aruba S-line Avant = Good choice .... just as well I'm not biased ;)

The Dis can be reset using the car setup menu on the AMI, nice looking car. I have an A3 and recently swapped wife's car for an A4 - We both think it is great and I am sure you will enjoy driving it. Retrofitting some of the items you describe can be very expensive and you may not get back the cost when you sell but it's a decision you can make depending on how much you want / need the extra gadgets I guess.

[h=1]ebay ETO Audi A4 A5 Q5 MMI In Car DVD GPS Satnav Blutooth iPod Entertainment Stereo[/h]has anyone had or heard anything about this system is it any good

Thanks for the comments guys.

I guess the one thing i want the most is the AMI, Does anyone know how much that would cost to retrofit?

I am also interested in a remap at somepoint, Does anyone have any experience with a Revo remap?

Thanks

Nice Looking Avant there mate. Same age as mine, and ive only had mine 4weeks too. Your not too far from me either. Im also looking at getting the bluetooth installed on mine.

Thanks. Yea not far away at all.. Maybe in better weather we can get together for a cleaning day or something as it would be interesting to meet a fellow owner.