1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie.. A3 2.0 Tdi 140

Dazza0685 Jul 27, 2011

1. Dazza0685

Dazza0685 Member VCDS Map User

Hi guys just thought id introduce myself as i have been quietly reading about all of your cars and thought id better share my first A3.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the rubbish pics but i havent had chance to clean it and take some better ones.
    It not in the league of some of the cars here and one day i have aspirations of a nice S3 but i gotta start somewhere hey.

Only problem i have at the moment is a boost leak on the bottom hose that comes out of the FMIC.. I have taken it apart numerous times but cannot see any issues but it will not seal, Any ideas or shall i just get a new part?

Thanks for looking

2. JNP

JNP Member

Hi there and welcome to the TDI 140 club!

I had the same issue when i bought mine. I had the pipe changed for a minimal cost when it was serviced if i remember right?

Any mods planned?

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome & sorry.

Boost pipe seal maybe needs replacing, the clip is not tight in place or needs bending to fit 100% or the pipe end is worn so it doesnt hold in place with the clip.

Clean any oil/**** from the seal area, as this is the lowest point where it would all end up & could be affecting the joint.

4. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Hi Welcome to the forum :happy:

Looks like a tidy car. As said maybe worth changing the pipes. Sure some of the other guys will suggest things to you :thumbsup:

5. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

welcome

6. tdi-man

tdi-man Well-Known Member

hi and welcome

7. Dazza0685

Dazza0685 Member VCDS Map User

Thanks guys.
    Yes i plan to do a few bits to it but nothing to costly as i think i will save for a newer model at some point.
    Plans so far include:

Lowering around 30mm
    Maybe new wheels
    Dark Headlining
    Facelift front
    Track down some silver interior trims.