1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWBIE, 2000 S4, 1ST AWD VEHICLE

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by WILDS4, Apr 9, 2004.

1. WILDS4

WILDS4 New Member

[Apr 9, 2004]
    I've owned a couple faster RWD V8's in the past and i've never had a problem controling the rear end around turns or "drifting" to some degree.

To make my situation worse I have a tip. I will not let this hold me back from learning the car. If i feel the need to pull the e-brake & gun it cause of understeer I will try that before heading straight into something. Grant it im learning how to control the understeer w/o oversteering im just lookin for some good direction. I plan on attending autox at JJC to get a better idea how the car handles. I was looking forward to playing in the snow, but Chicago's crappy weather is close to over. What you guys suggest I do 1st? reading material on the quadtro seems to be documented w/ the use of a manual.

I've experienced oversteer and understeer in the last couple weeks of owning the car and im just wondering what to do if the car starts to loose it. Please excuse my ignorance, im sure im coming in/out of the turns quicker then ever just think sometimes it could handle more.

With the rwd cars i could easily kick it out and it was easier to feel the car. With the quad its all or nothing it seems. Im sure its all a matter of time... i thought id hear from your guys mistakes and try and learn from them...

Thanks fellas! TGIF
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. WILDS4

WILDS4 New Member

[Apr 13, 2004]
    im really interested in the stasis 20-80 diff setting does anyone have this on there s4? how much and how hard is it to install? and will it void a warranty? The 80/20 isnt cutting it but 20-80 sounds like a dream to me...