Newbie - 1.8 Multitronic Avant questions

Lex696

Reaction score
HI All

Just rejoined the forum - had an S3 sportback on order a few years back but got made redundant :( so had to buy an Ibiza Cupra with cash. Had 2 great fun years (180hp, DSG!) but the build quality is something thats just getting to me so time for an upgrade.

**IMPT** I live in Cyprus where engine duty is a killer! You pay per cc and its calculated on different tarifs. Up to 1.8 is fairly normal, but above that it gets silly. An A4 2.0 is 50,000 euros! Thats 40000 sterling. An S4 a whopping 76000! A boxster (what i really want is, gulp, 90k!)

Hence why I can ONLY choose a 1.8 multitronic (still 40k!!)

My issue is I cant drive it as they dont have demos (they dont want to have to pay for their stock cars either!) and so should I go for the avant (heavy car) with this engine - is 170PS and 320 torque enough? Has anyone any experience in the UK?

Also, in terms of extras, has anyone got any pics of the facelift on aftermarket wheel (BBS CH-R etc) as the 19" audi rims are 2500 euros and so that seems pretty steep! I did do a search, honest guv

Thanks
Lex

Wecome back Lex, im sure one of the guys will be along shortly to advise you. :) x