New Windscreen

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Well after 12 months of driving around with three 8 inch long cracks in my screen thought it was about time to get it replaced. £70 excess through the insurance, Autoglass came out this morning (bang on time) and had the new screen in within an hour. Excellent service and got a pair of new Bosch wipers to boot.
The new screen is amazing with the new wipers and for the first time ever the wipers don't smear or thud. So if your not happy with your aero fit wipers just get a new screen fitted LOL!

4853998342e3408e2a1eaa74d14f33ee.jpg

Well after 12 months of driving around with three 8 inch long cracks in my screen thought it was about time to get it replaced. £70 excess through the insurance, Autoglass came out this morning (bang on time) and had the new screen in within an hour. Excellent service and got a pair of new Bosch wipers to boot.
The new screen is amazing with the new wipers and for the first time ever the wipers don't smear or thud. So if your not happy with your aero fit wipers just get a new screen fitted LOL!

4853998342e3408e2a1eaa74d14f33ee.jpg
Same situation here mate, got a 26" inch crack along the bottom. Been getting worse since last July haha

Seems theres afew of us with cracked windscreens then ! I bought my S4 in december with a cracked screen so is on my list of things to do !!

Yeah mines been making cracking noises when I hit pot holes recently so thought it was about time to get it changed and thinking about it's only cost £30 as the free wipers cost £40.

Got one here too, out of interest did they replace the plastic bits on the side of screen?

Sorry is the grille blacked out on your car and how did you do it looks lovely?

No they didn't replace the trim on the sides, only the rubber seal across the top of the screen. The side trims just un-clip and push back in.
The grill is just painted with Halfords gloss black rattle cans. It needs doing again starting to get some stone chips showing. Might try plastidip next time see how that fairs.

Keep an eye on it, I smashed the screen on my 08 focus loading lengths of wood into it and caught the mirror, anyway the car was only a year old and it was fixed via the insurance, took 1 year NCB off my 5 years (Even tho they promised it doesnt affect the NCB) and Autoglass replaced the screen, few months later we had heavy rain and id left the car out in the driveway, come back and it was soaked.

There was 3 holes in the bonding agent letting water into the car, called them and they said it'd been too long and it looks like ive since had the screen replaced again by an amateur fitter.

So if i have another replaced, ever i shal get the hose pipe out before the guy leaves! Ended up costing me £250 for an actual "Back street guy" to come and replace the screen again, who did a cracking job! Autoglass wanted to charge me £475 to replace the screen again.

Look like I am not alone then I am on my thrid windscreen in just over 5 years it got a stone chip last year and that was repaired then a week later smack another stone hit and caused a massive crack that has got bigger, I was waiting till my insurance renewall as my excess was £150 its come down to £100 now just need to get it done.

I'm running with a lovely 5" crack at the bottom, went down a dirt road the other day and watched it grow some more.

You will love your insurance renewal next year + 3 Points + £160 on the spot fine if you get caught.

It's £180-£200 for a local guy to change the screen in a B6, or -£50 if you remove the old one yourself, thats with Pilkinton glass too not the cheap crap that seperates down the edges.

Oh sorry officer its just happened and I am on my way home to get it repaired will be my answer then I will get it done!