1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New windscreen

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by IceHanger, Oct 9, 2012.

1. IceHanger

IceHanger Member

after a chip I got on Friday night turned to a nice long crack later that night,
    has anyone here had a windscreen replaced? I'm a bit concerned over the auto bits and the black sunband the BE's get.

any recommendations? can Audi do? can the usual fitter do it without problems? I've had issues with fitting monkeys with past cars with damage to the car and would rather not be going round that...yes you did no I didn't routine again.
    :beerchug:
  2. Brodster

Brodster Shark Performance In Scotland Regional Rep Site Sponsor

Its only a windscreen in the end but if you state to whoever is changing it the model of the vehicle then you'll get whatever was fitted as standard. And if they make a mess of it then get them back. Remember and have a look at your old windscreen to determine whether or not it is an acoustic one as sometimes they forget about the acoustic windscreens.
  3. IceHanger

IceHanger Member

ta mate :thumbsup:
  4. MrLapou

MrLapou Active Member

Had mine changed by AA Auto Windscreens. It was fitted with sunband and auto wiper.
    Plus screen was an acoustic one.
    They supplied an original Audi screen and the job was 100% taking the chap 75mins.

All depends which insurance company you are with. I think Audi call in a windscreen company to do their screens.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. OVRA3

OVRA3 Active Member

My insurer insisted on using national windscreens I was dubious but they were fine. The screen was a pilkington they wanted to give me some Chinese crap but I insisted on pilkington after they refused to fit an Audi screen as the car is over 3 years old?!

All good though looks exactly the same other than not having the 3 rings
  6. Cossie_boy

Cossie_boy Member

Cannot really suggest anyone, but one thing I would say, sounds obvious but make sure its fitted properly, mine was pi55ing water in from a badly fitted screen!
  7. Jack_tdi

Jack_tdi Member

Where can you get an Audi one from i have a crack too but want an Audi one really.....
  8. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

i had mine done and the company fitted a genuine audi screen.......took 2 weeks........i argued for a genuine one,they said like for like.....i said if its like 4 like where is the audi symbol? they gave in :kissmyrings: 'AUTOGLASS',,,,, had it done at my home.
  9. Macdoon

Macdoon Active Member

Will it say acoustic on the screen somewhere fella.

Mac
  10. MrLapou

MrLapou Active Member

Yea there will either be a symbol or the word acoustic on the screen. Mine was labelled on driver side at base of windscreen.