new windscreen fitted....and........

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
I had a new windscreen fitted through insurance they fitted a genuine audi one (as requested) ive cleaned the screen properly and im noticing very very fine 'orange peel' effect all over the glass im looking out for it now so notice it more,im noticing more when there is a car infront of me and i see more of the 'orange peel' effect.......any of you guys had this or is this normal?

I know you can get the greenish tint effect on some of the VAG's...never heard of orange though?

I had my screen replaced the other week and did not ask for an Audi screen but got one and I have noticed any orange effect tbh

Last edited:
Have you tried claying it? You say you've cleaned the screen properly but what with?

Could be some bonded dirt which claying would remove. If that fails try a glass polish.

its clean as a whistle !........you cant clean it anymore and im not gona waste my time........going back to autoglass so there techy can check it out on monday.

It is one of two things, but without seeing it, i cannot tell.
1, possibly the interlayer between the glass, has not shrunk enough, during the autoclave process, when the windcreen was produced, this is a common problem during production.
2, the glass is contaminated with silicones, this also happens during the storage stage of glass production, as the glass stacks, normally stored in batches of 25 are coated in silicone, to stop debris sticking to the glass during transportation.

I know this won't be it.. but in my girlfriends dads Jaguar XF where it has the heater elements in it you can see them and it makes the glass appear blurry.. very very annoying so can relate to how annoying it must be to have a non-clear windscreen :(

Took it autoglass and they said theyve seen worse,but if im not happy (which im not) a new one was ordered from audi today and will be fitted a week this wednesday,just hope i dont have the same issues otherwise i will be peed off!
fingers crossed !