New wheels!

Jine

Crippled n Crazy
Reaction score
Hey People,

I have just bought some new wheels and am looking for some non acidic wheels cleaner. Do you guys have any recommendations??

I have previously been using Autoglym clean wheels.

pls help.

Cheers fella,

I'll give it blast over the comin week. Can you also recommend a wheel wax too??

Merr Wheel Wax which is roughly £8 and available from Halfords etc or I would try (especially for new wheels) Swissvax Autobahn wheel wax which is £25-30 and available online.

Another thumbs up for Bilberry and Poorboys. However, once the wheels are sealed with Poorboys, you will only need warm soapy water (correct me if I am wrong gents).

Mine are currently protected by FK1000p and the dust/dirt just slides off the wheel face.

John/Jim - I've heard a few good things about the Planet Polish sealent - any reviews from your end/s?

Wheel Seal+Shine: 250ml [PP0007] - £8.49 : Planet Polish, A World of Difference

R222 Gel cleaner is an amzing product: R222 Wheel Cleaner (Gel) | R222 Car Care & Detailing Products With great claening power - spray on, agitate, leave it for 20minutes then rinse. It won't strip waxes or sealants to any noticeable effect.

Surely thats a typo John, '20' minutes? Do you mean 2 minutes?

Another thumbs up for Bilberry and Poorboys. However, once the wheels are sealed with Poorboys, you will only need warm soapy water (correct me if I am wrong gents).

Mine are currently protected by FK1000p and the dust/dirt just slides off the wheel face.

John/Jim - I've heard a few good things about the Planet Polish sealent - any reviews from your end/s?

Wheel Seal+Shine: 250ml [PP0007] - £8.49 : Planet Polish, A World of Difference

As above, once the new wheels are fully cleaned and cleansed, really (unless you've left them for prolonged periods without cleaning...) you shouldn't need anything more than your soapy shampoo mix. I used Megs' Hyper-Wash for the weekly wash on the wheels.

Never heard of the PP sealant JD? Heard of Planet Polish, just yet to discover their range. Interested to hear more..

Nope, 20 minutes. It's excellent, you just leave it to work while you do other tasks.

(Actually just checked our own How To Use and the recommended dwell time is 1 to 2 hours.)

Last edited:
Bilberry all the way!

My favorite Wheel sealing combo is:
- Chemical Guys EZ Cream Glaze
- Chemical Guys Jetseal 109
- Swissvax Autobahn

Lasts forever

Bilberry all the way!

My favorite Wheel sealing combo is:
- Chemical Guys EZ Cream Glaze
- Chemical Guys Jetseal 109
- Swissvax Autobahn

Lasts forever

Another for Billberry! Cheap and does an excellent job.

G

As above, once the new wheels are fully cleaned and cleansed, really (unless you've left them for prolonged periods without cleaning...) you shouldn't need anything more than your soapy shampoo mix. I used Megs' Hyper-Wash for the weekly wash on the wheels.

Never heard of the PP sealant JD? Heard of Planet Polish, just yet to discover their range. Interested to hear more..

Just a little chatter about it on Cliosport. Not sure if there have been any reviews... will have a search chap!

Couple of quotes from DW, Jim;

"I have used most wheel sealants as well as the common durable waxes and sealants on my wheels and none have added so much gloss to the finish of the wheels as Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine. I bought it on impulse after seeing rave reviews and it is something that I think needs to be experienced. I am always skeptical about any purported increases in gloss in an LSP which only added to my surprise because WS+S added a tangible amount of gloss on my polished and prepped wheels. Durability is around 4 months or more as well."

Wheel Seal & Shine - Detailing World

To me it all depends if your abit lazy and dont want to have to reseal your wheels every 3 months or so if that is the case then Gtechniq C5 or nanolex sealant for the wheels for me, the planet polish one is very good but you are looking to reapply every 3-4 months.

As john has said R222 Gel cleaner is a very good product and nothing wrong with billberry either though with sealed wheels shampoo and power washer should be enough to get them clean again

Heard excellent things about C5 and from my experience with C4, it is on my list...!