1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Wheels On Today!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by John @ DW, Jul 16, 2008.

1. John @ DW

John @ DW Member

Hi Guys

Not been around for a while (busy business and new baby!!!). I've had a set of 2 piece forged wheels powder coated satin black and I quite like the look. It's probably not going to be to every ones taste and will up set the OEM plus guys, but I like it. The centre caps are polished ali and are being re-polished so are not on yet.
    Other mods on the list to do this year are full body kit, full body wrap, satin black grill suround, satin chrome S3 mirrors and think of a way of getting the rings satin to match the mirrors.

Let me know what you think of the wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. mdre83

mdre83 Member

Wouldn't be my choice TBH. But looks good mate.
  3. SteveTDCi

SteveTDCi Active Member

gets a thumbs up from me
  4. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

looking sharp, not to my taste though as I prefer lighter wheels as long as not shinny chrome.

My issue would be with the tints in front of the car, not too helpful to us bikers. I believe a 30% is the max permissable allowed.

Maybe some of the lamin-x might finish of the look :beerchug:
  5. Alex2.0T

Alex2.0T Member

looking good, what size springs do you have on there, its got a nice stance?
  6. Rabbit222

Rabbit222 Member

Looks great! Well done!
  7. benw123

benw123 Moderator

Thumbs up from me also - although how you were able to buy a new set of wheels after becoming a Dad is more impressive! My missus would have killed me!
  8. mister.c.

mister.c. Member

Not my cup of tea at all mate. But its not my car, so really my opinion means squat - you're happy with it, and thats what matters - though you did ask peoples opinions, hence I've given my honest one.

And I'm in my (early!) 30s so probably too old and stuck in my ways to appreciate them, so you can see it as a positive I don't like them!
  9. S3 LTN

S3 LTN Guest

Shweet!!! :o.k:
    Get Lamin-X for the headlights like Rabbit222 on his S3. Will look amazing.
  10. Cootie

Cootie Member

Looks purposeful, although the contrasting colour of the studs round the edge of the wheel aren't really my cup of tea.
  11. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Looks great John. You should do the bumper upgrade like 'mattandrew' I'll be over soon, so we can discuss business.
  12. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

John what brakes are you running on the front?? They look big!
    I like the look of the wheels apart from the studs, not sure about those yet. Overall a very nice, individual motor. Good work.
  13. phantom

phantom On Boost

It looks lower than when i saw it in the flash, new springs?

Not keen the the wheels mate , they look like Kirk douglas's sheild in The Vikings :)

p
  14. dansansome

dansansome Member

not normally a fan of black wheels, but i think those are really smart. i think the studs set them off nicely. good choice. :yum:
  15. magnus911

magnus911 R8GGA

How is it not helpful to bikers?
  16. Metalex

Metalex Member

I'm guessing it's because they can't see whether the car driver has seen them in the mirrors when they're about to pass.
  17. Khufu

Khufu Active Member

Drivers often dont see bikes as well in lower light conditions with dark tints. Its also better for a biker to make eye contact with a drivers who is sitting waiting to come out of a junction so they know they have been seenm, harder to do behind dark tints.

It is illegal to have tints darker than 30% ie letting 70% light though which are in front of the B-pillar. The police will fine you and force you to remove them.
  18. Metalex

Metalex Member

Oh well, worth a guess.
  19. Spin140

Spin140 Active Member

I thought it was 35% ?

Good point though about the eye contact would never have thought of it although now it seems really obvious, then again its been 10 yrs since I had a bike and I don't think tints were the done thing then.

I like the wheels but think the car looks a little too low, but hey its your motor and a thumbs up from me also.
  20. John @ DW

John @ DW Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

Alex 2.0T & Phantom
    - I have switched to coilovers (N8KOW:salute:), I put V-Maxx on as we sell them now and I needed to know what they are like. The ride is actually better than std shox and Eibach Pro springs and they only cost £400 inc VAT for the set!
    benw123 - new wheels are my job (I own Designer Wheels) so the wife can't stop me!!
    mister.c - I'm 31 so you are never too old!
    S3LTN - Deffo on the Lamin-x
    N8KOW - not going fir the bumper conversion I think. I am either going for a Nothelle or Reiger kit
    PNH80 - They are standard 3.2V6 brakes, they will be getting changed for grooved discs soon and I will paint the calipers

I have my old wheels for sale if any one is interested. They are 19x8 Vemiri Peralae and are in good condition. 2 of the stainless steel rims have slight kerbing, one so slight you can't notice and the other one the wifedid so!! I can get new rims at £70+VAT each if you want them. I am looking for £500 for the set without tyres and I can fit tyres if you need them. They normally retail for well over £1200 without tyres. I will take pics today and post them later.
  21. Mikey

Mikey Member

love it, looks very aggresive.
  22. audisturg

audisturg Member

lucks very nice indeed, i was looking at powdercoating mine white or black was undicided until now, even though mine is mauratis blue not black
  23. John @ DW

John @ DW Member

I'm loving the black at the moment, go for satin black as gloss is too showy and proper matt is too dark and you can't see the detail of the wheels. The satin black is a good compromise I think.
  24. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Not normally a fan of black wheels but they looks great, good choice!

Fraction to low for me but hey I must be getting old!!!!!

J.