new wheels and springs fitted

davsa4

Reaction score
Well took the plunge yesterday with the weather being dry and a bit milder ,had wheels fitted last week but fitted new eibach sportsline springs yesterday as they have been sat in my garage for over a week now , looked a bit like a 4x4 before i fitted the springs , would like it lower but with the roads round here it will be ok as is ,just need some weight in the boot and a good run to settle the rears in a bit

pics with wheels before springs

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

with new springs fitted

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2303.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

thinking a set of 15mm hubcentric spacers on the rear to fill the arch and give it a bit more stance

drop is 45mm front ,35mm rear and already browsing for 15mm rear spacers lol

cheers dav

Ive got the very same springs waiting in my shed! How is the ride and handling now?

ride is slightly firmer than the standard se suspension but a lot more sure footed going into the bends with a lot less body roll ,still a very nice ride even with the 19"s on 35 profiles .

Sounds great.Just what i wanted to hear!.Was a bit worried that I should have got the Pro Kit.What with the eibach arbs I already have fitted im hoping for the same.Looks brilliant by the way!

That looks great! I was a bit worried that it would'nt sit low enough at the front as I've got sportlines to fit aswell but it looks spot on. What width are your tyres?

Did you fit the springs yourself? I'm unsure whether to do mine myself as it looks a bit more faffy than other set ups so might get someone to do it for me.

tyres are 255/35/19 and yes i fit the springs myself , the hardest part imo was refitting the the lower arm bolt ,the whole job took me around 4 hours start to finish ,working on the floor with 2 trolley jacks .

dav

Reactions: Mcdubber1
hey you finally got them fitted...lookin good Dav..car is sitting nice and low..so which springs did you go for in the end? Eibach pros? how much did you pay?

went for the eibach sportsline kit and got them from germany ,cost £135 delivered ,been using the car a bit so settling nice now will have to clean it at the weekend and get some pics up .

dav

im finally going for the springs now..Davsa4 did you buy yours from ebay? I followed the link given above but it displays 8-9 items all in German and the google translator ain't working as usual!!

Car looks great! Am planning to go for very similar rims myself... What are the specs on yours (width and offset)? Are they staggered?

TIA

The mud flaps look good as well. Very descreet.

cheers was unsure weather to fit them as i dont really do mudflaps but with them being so little dont mind the look also stops a lot of tar flicking up onto sills and lower doors with the wider stance .

cheers was unsure weather to fit them as i dont really do mudflaps but with them being so little dont mind the look also stops a lot of tar flicking up onto sills and lower doors with the wider stance .
Could do with some myself. I've got some stone chips on the bottom of my bumper.

I take it the mudflaps are the oem ones that audi say cannot be fitted to slines then?

nice one mate :thumbsup: if you ordered off the link above you will be fine , i got the usual ebay confirmation of order ,but no dispatch email from the buyer ,after a week i began to get worried so emailed the seller and got no reply but they turned up in the timescale provided by ebay , so dont worry if you dont here anything mate.

ok cheers for that coz I would have started to get worried if I had no response from them....I'll just just hold tight then.

Well done! Mine took two days to arrive.Was well impressed.Got an invoice through the post about a week later.