1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New vagcom code on car

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by SonicDeathmonkey, Jan 4, 2010.

1. SonicDeathmonkey

SonicDeathmonkey Member

I can see from the description what the problem is but is there a simple solution?

VAG-COM Version: Release 311.2-N

Control Module Part Number: 8D0 907 551 C
    Component and/or Version: 2.7l V6/5VT 0002
    Software Coding: 05611
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00482
    1 Fault Found:
    17950 - Angle Sensor 1 for Throttle Actuator (G187): Implausible Signal
    P1542 - 35-00 - -
  2. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

The throttle pot has two tracks, one starts at 0 and the other at 100, and they move in opposite directions as the throttle opens. At any point they add up to 100. Good olde german redundancy

The tracks get dirty, and start giving spurious readings. The ECU notices and starts ignoring the faulty track, giving that fault code. If you continue to ingore it, eventaully it will drop the other track too, and you'll have no throttle.

You might get away with taking the black cover off and carefully clean up the tracks on the PCB. With craigs, we baught a throttle body on ebay from a 1.6 seat something or other, and swapped the PCB onto the S4 Throttle body. The S4 PCB might have been alright with a clean, but we already had it in bits so just put the Seat PCB on.
  3. SonicDeathmonkey

SonicDeathmonkey Member

As it turns out, I replaced the throttle body about 18 months ago, so I'd be surprised if that was munched! and I do mean throttle body, not boot!
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

Odd that its appeared so quickly!

I was thinking it might be the pedal sensor, but i think "Throttle Actuator" is the TB itself.
  5. SonicDeathmonkey

SonicDeathmonkey Member

Well, after clearing the error, it's gone.

I wonder if it was caused by the -7 degrees temp when I was driving the car?