1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new user help with elec window control

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_kenloen, Mar 24, 2005.

1. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest

Hi Guys,

Just purchased a A4 2.6 Quattro, the previous was father/son ownership, it came with full audi history and maintanence schedule/bills listings, also you can tell its never been abused so i'm well pleased. But i did know there were a few minor issues and ive sorted them all easily but this one, the Ns/F window only responds from the drivers controls not the passenger. I have removed passenger the door card and the switch itself seems ok, could there be another reason this isnt moving the window or must it be a poor connection ?

thanks in advance

my previous

Volvo C70 T5
    Honda Integra Type R
    Peugeot 306 Cab
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If it has leccy back windows.
    Mine doesn't, 40k car when new and stupid manual back windows. Nice one Audi!
  3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You could have come to me for the loom for the back as I’m breaking the RS4 and it’s basically a shell.

If you need a switch I might be able to help you out.

PM me and I will give you my number, you can have the switch if there still there.
  4. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest

luverly jubbly, that more like it.. a few responces and the problems halved. I will look at whats been offered and let you know how i'm getting on. Tis elec all round so thats gonna be my 1st step. many thanks
  5. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks but it's not just the loom, it's the whole mechanism and then running the loom to the front and changing the drivers door controls etc etc, just not worth it.
  6. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The biggest headache is removing all the trim parts to get to the wiring so in that’s case yep its a bit of a mare but for the actual wires them self it would be easy.

As stated the frames bolt out with every thing need including the motor from the doors and these could be sourced from a breakers quite easily The loom I have and would give freely you would just need to get it and formulise your self with the route it takes and what plugs in where.
  7. imported_kenloen

imported_kenloen Guest

right, the good weather allowed me some more time working on this yesterday. thanks to some ideas on here i have now repaired the intermittant A/C display (dry joints resoldered) and the passenger door window switch (swapped with unit in the rear, i then discovered a film of glue over the contacts.) Well pleased. cheers