1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new tyres

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by simonhenchie, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. simonhenchie
    Offline

    simonhenchie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2003
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    have to replace front tyres today for mot tomorrow. 205/55/zr16.
    Can only get hold of pirelli p7000.
    Anyone got them? What are they like?
    Currently got Michelin primacy which are pants.
    #1
  2. simonhenchie
    Offline

    simonhenchie New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2003
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    thanks guys, I was quoted £278 + fitting for the P7000 which I thought a bit steep, Thats just for the two fronts!
    I managed to find a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's for £200 so I'll give them a go, They cant be any worse than the Michelin primacy.
    #2
  3. Drill
    Offline

    Drill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    928
    Likes Received:
    0
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    Who cares, they are sticky!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, but when you drive 700+ miles a week, tread wear becomes a factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (And I might add, I really like my current Conti SC2's, but they're wearing out after only 3 1/2 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
    #3
  4. jesters3
    Offline

    jesters3 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    1,516
    Likes Received:
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    simcat said:

    I managed to find a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's for £200 so I'll give them a go, They cant be any worse than the Michelin primacy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Dude, the Eagle F1 are the dbs (/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif) and for £200.00 seem good value for money considering they cost @ £150.00 per tyre new! Just check tread and tyre wall for any damage etc.

    I'd go for the F1's , but have toyos on at the moment.
    #4
  5. Moresauce
    Offline

    Moresauce Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    570
    Likes Received:
    1
    After hearing the many comments on Toyo here over the last couple of months i would naturally go for them, but I always talk to my local tyre dealer first to see if he can do any of the other top end tyres at a deal price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

    Personal priorities for me are wet handling and wear.
    #5
  6. GARTHY
    Offline

    GARTHY Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    Messages:
    230
    Likes Received:
    1
    F1's at £150 each no way, just been quoted £79.00 +vat .
    #6
  7. Gambba
    Offline

    Gambba Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2003
    Messages:
    1,361
    Likes Received:
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    Who cares, they are sticky!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah, but when you drive 700+ miles a week, tread wear becomes a factor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (And I might add, I really like my current Conti SC2's, but they're wearing out after only 3 1/2 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

    /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

    [/ QUOTE ]

    that's because you drive like a feckin nutter I'm surre!
    #7
  8. Drill
    Offline

    Drill Member

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2003
    Messages:
    928
    Likes Received:
    0
    Me?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
    #8
  9. jesters3
    Offline

    jesters3 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2003
    Messages:
    1,516
    Likes Received:
    1
    [ QUOTE ]
    GARTHY said:
    F1's at £150 each no way, just been quoted £79.00 +vat .

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I saw that pricing in the old evo, where did you find the £79? And are they for 225/25 R17?
    #9
  10. GARTHY
    Offline

    GARTHY Member

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    Messages:
    230
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hi Jester, tyre size 205/55 zr 16. I go to a place in mid Wales for my tyres looks grubby good prices - mytyres.co.uk will supply tyres your size in f1 for £103.90 per tyre.
    #10

Share This Page