1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Turbo

Andy88 Sep 18, 2010

1. Andy88

Andy88 Member

I am trying to cost a new Turbo upgrade for my 2.0 tdi, i have been quoted "£1844.58 (Approx)" and told it will achieve around around 220bhp and 370+ lb/ft but i will need a new performance clutch which is included in the price. Does anybody know if this is a reasonable price for the work and parts required and of any other places in and around the manchester area that i can get another quote to compare it too.
    I would also like to find out if this ammount of torque is too much for 2wd, so i am really interested to see the opinions of people who have driven or own a car with this upgrade. Oh and do i need the clutch streight away !?

2. devonmikeyboy

devonmikeyboy As far from JBS as possible !

You don`t need a clutch straight away. Can i ask which company told you this and what turbo and who`s mapping it?

3. Andy88

Andy88 Member

awesome gti mate.

4. devonmikeyboy

You don`t have to have a clutch straight away as yours might last 10 miles or 100,000 miles unless you know it is on it`s way out now. Cannot comment on AwesomeGTI`s diesel mapping. I guess Jeff is still doing it.

5. sijones

sijones Member VCDS Map User

my clutch has lasted around 6 months... so to be honest i wouldn't do it straight away..

6. Andy88

Andy88 Member

thanks for the info, i couldnt see me needing a new clutch straight away. what do you think this would be like on 2wd? i dont want to go and get it done and then it end up being unusable power.

7. devonmikeyboy

220 bhp is nothing much these days on modern cars. If your getting a custom map done at Awesome don`t get caught up in the big numbers game. A big peak power number don`t make a better car the power curve is more important and the car will smoke with 370 lb torque.