New TT owner

kennylau

Reaction score
Thorney/gareth, can u let me have some directions as a couple of people on the other board do not have Sat/Nav and need to know how to get there. One is even coming from Bristol!!!!

------------------
Only 20 days, 480 hours until we meet again!!

Ok Guys..

M25 jct 16 M40 head towards Oxford/High Wycombe. Leave M40 at Jct 4 A355 Amersham/Slough etc. Follow signs for Penn/High Wycombe into Beaconsfield then head out of Beaconsfield towards Penn.

The Royal Standard of England is signposted off that road, about 5 mins from the main road.I'm sure that Thorney can tell us the road numbers to help those map boys
smile.gif

JohnH... Lucent share options can hardly be considered as a prize!!!

Anyway, it seems that I stand a fairly good chance of beating Thorney in the dirtiest car competition... I haven't washed mine since Christmas and it has a nice lump of fermented bird sh1t on the C pillar... sweet!
wink.gif

How about a prize for the "Furthest Mileage(to the meet)" and I may just turn up, blue light and all
wink.gif

Not sure you'd win that as there are two guys from the E34 M5 Forum talking about coming one from the North East and one from near Preston
shocked.gif

------------------
Only 19 days, 456 hours until we meet again!!

These are the directions I have posted on the other forums so they better be right!!!

Basically you need to get on the M40 and leave at Jct 4 A355 Amersham/Slough etc. Follow signs for Penn/High Wycombe into Beaconsfield then head out of Beaconsfield towards Penn on the B474. About a mile or so out of Beaconsfield you turn left into Forty Green Road and then down there to a cross roads turn right and the pub is signposted off to the right down that road. Here is a map with the B474 out of Beaconsfield being the yellow road in the top right.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetma...=191750&A=Y&Z=1

------------------

I like the idea of prizes, but think its a little late in the day to arrange something really good, so maybe something just for a laugh would be good, and for the next meet try and arrange something properly and get some good freebies out of BMW.. ?

Heres a link to the Pub itself and even though I doubt you'll be drinking much it serves Marston's Pedigree, Brakspeer, Green King Old Speckled Hen and Fullers London Pride

http://www.theaa.com/pubs/96127.html

------------------

Matt I'm sure we can scare up some reasonable prizes over the next 2 weeks or so. They don't need to be mega as we're only doing this for a laugh
smile.gif

Andy, are you coming down then? Does your blue light stick on the roof like the one in 'Starsky and Hutch'?
wink.gif

Cheers for posting the directions up John
smile.gif

Porker,

Just checked out your homepage and I thought I would mention that I work for 11 Regt. 521 Sqn is the one which covers Manchester however I am with 921 Sqn covering all of Germany. I have the works Omega with attachments but I'm trying to get the Regt to change it for a M power. Ever the optimist!!! If you can get on exercise SATON FORCE, we might even meet.

Regards

------------------

Kier

Should this be Juction 2 M40 not 4?
Basically you need to get on the M40 and leave at Jct 4 A355 Amersham/Slough etc.
Follow signs for Penn/High Wycombe into Beaconsfield then head out of Beaconsfield towards Penn on the B474. About a mile or so out of Beaconsfield you turn left into Forty Green Road and then down there to a cross roads turn right and
the pub is signposted off to the right down that road.
------------------

I'll trust to sat-nav.
wink.gif

------------------
A genuine design classic is as inspirational as it is timeless:The Z8.

Starship is right. It's junction 2 not 4.

Gareth should win the prize for being a dork, I should get a runner up prize for not noticing.

Thorney I was just having a laugh with the sat nav boys
rolleyes.gif
Where's your sense of humour?
wink.gif

Just spoke with pub landlord. He's expecting 20 or so hungry BM owners.

I'm hoping to be there as well. My M3's still on order and due later in the year, but would like to check out the various colour schemes and speaker systems 'on display'. Hope that's OK.
Cheers, James.

Stuart- "Pole position for the AMG"..
shocked.gif

When you say 'pole' you really mean 'walking stick' don't you
wink.gif

You old Merc boys crack me up
smile.gif

Plus one AMG owner! Please make sure pole position is reserved for the AMG Beast

Picking up my TT 225 tonight - can't wait, have longed for one for past 4 years and will be a big change from my 30+ year old Beetle
Am slowly making my way through the forum, but got to do it subtly as at work
So far seen that Optimax is recommended - are there any discussions already on why that is, and other things I ought to know - guess I'll find them, however if anyone can be bothered to reply with short cuts to them, I'd appreciate it
So just thought I'd say hi and will no longer be envying you as I pass you on the roads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Anna

Being a girl I don't know a huge amount! Not really an excuse, so will look into it once we've picked it up
All I know at the moment (and if you want to explain what it means, that's cool) is it's:
Make Model - TTC 225
Engine cc - 1800
Colour - Olive
Trim - Grey leather (very dark grey)
First registered - May 2002

Other than that I think it's fairly standard
Doesn't have BOSE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but my boyfriend tells me I wouldn't be able to tell the difference (more to do with my ears than the equipment, might be about my music tastes as well)
Has alloy wheels, but don't they all these days?
Will post a pic once we've got it
Thanks for the response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Anna said:
Being a girl I don't know a huge amount! Not really an excuse, so will look into it once we've picked it up

Other than that I think it's fairly standard
Doesn't have BOSE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but my boyfriend tells me I wouldn't be able to tell the difference (more to do with my ears than the equipment, might be about my music tastes as well)
Has alloy wheels, but don't they all these days?
Will post a pic once we've got it
Thanks for the response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No excuse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif There's not many girls on here so nice to see another one - one of us works for an Audi Dealer, I help run this site (and live with Wando who works for AmD - Audi Tuner), and Tanya who just bought an S3.

You might be able to tell about the BOSE - I could - but it's all personal preference!

Get reading, learn all you can, and let's show the boys who's the best /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Okay - so totally in love with my car. It's living up to all my expectations.
Scotty - would love to meet like minded. Wasn't able to come up last night, but is this something that happens every Wed night? If so, will see you there - can you pm me details of where, when and what? Cheers
Audi-girl - any recommendations on what to read, the manual isn't really doing it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Thanks for the great welcome everyone
A

LOL read the manual and you read about 2 words and fall asleep!!!! I know what you mean there!!

TBH talking to people is the way I learn - just be aware that people might think they know what they are talking about, and don't always.....

Come to some meets, meet people, post on here, it depends what you want to know really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In case you hadn't guessed from the matching avatar, I'm Anna's bloke. I'd always been a bit of a BWM fan but after Anna took me to an Audi garage to convince me we wanted a TT it only took a 5 minute test drive to get hooked. Absolutely love the car. Would be cool to meet up with some other TT owners. Is the meeting a regular Wednesday thing? If so, where and what time?

yeah, tt's are great but you may find it more fun mixing with the rest of us.

I'm just in the process of organising a monthly meet as there isn't a godd one running at the mo!
Hopefully will have it sorted by the end of the weekend!

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
Anna,

Welcome. If you have any specific TT questions or queries or fancy meeting up with a group of like minded people, just let me know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Incidently if you want to show your car off to a group of owners, why not come up the M11 to Kneesworth on Wednesday night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve and I were interested if the meet that scoTTy was talking about is every Wed or was a one off - not referring to other forums or TT only as far as I am aware - it was really just a request to scoTTy for more info

Hello Anna!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Welcome to the forums and YES more power to us women!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif Not a lot of us out there that are into cars but we are growing by the min!!
cant wait to see what your going to do with your Audi!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
keep in touch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not sure I'll be doing much to it other than driving it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The bizarre thing is that my Mum loves the car, and she's a person who has no interest in cars whatsoever, but I took it to Dorset last weekend and I think the heated seats won her over, she is now a huge fan

that is so cool!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/love_4.gif(MOMS)
my mom love my car too, she wants to drive it so bad but i dont let her because she doesn't know how to drive it with a kit on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Am sure i'll show her one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry for the very late reponse. I've been offline busy as work - 13 days straight including one 36 hour shift!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The meet I referred to is a monthly meet. It is not restricted to any one forum or anyone group of people hence I do not feel telling a fellow TT owner about it breaches any rules. The meet is normally on the third Wednesday of each month. Novembers is on the 19th. I takes place in Kneesworth ( Map Here and everyone is welcome. We have TT owners, ex-TT owners, S3 owners etc etc turn up. We just a bunch of people who enjoy an occasional get together every now and then and we try not to let web politics get in the way.

You all more than welome.

p.s. I'm the one normally in the car park helping people with my VAG-COM! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

p.s.s. In case I upset anyone on the forum, you may feel you wish to PM me instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Welcome Anna & Steve, hope you enjoy the new un. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I can imagine its a new world getting out of an old beetle and into a TT.

Re the meets, and politics, you'll find that there is an underlying issue between certain forums. Just try not to get dragged into it. Most people on here let it go in one ear and out of the other and enjoy the forum, others let it get to them because it does affect them personally. It is getting better though, time is a good healer and all that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
We just a bunch of people who enjoy an occasional get together every now and then and we try not to let web politics get in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

scoTTy,
like the sound of that, I just wish I wasnt up here in the North East. There used to be a regular meet up here at the end of every month as part of club-gti, but this has now disbanded as the venue closed down and a new one was never set up.

at the end of the day the majority only go on one forum, just a few nowadays that browse all, some I guess have too much time on there hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif