1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to TTs. 225 02 Alms here. fuel/mpg?

Discussion in 'TT/TT-S/TT-RS Forum' started by beachdrifter, Aug 1, 2007.

1. beachdrifter

beachdrifter New Member

Aug 1, 2007

I am new to the forum.

Just got a 2002 TT Alms edition 225. I've done the usual stuff to it like timing belt change, water pump, and even got new brakes/rotors.

Anyways, my question is about fuel consumption. How much do you guys normally run on a tank of gas? I got about 350miles with 1/8 tank left. I was hoping to get a bit more.

Funny thing happens, my fuel gauge works, but I notice while reading the level the needle tends to move up and down about an 1/8th of a tank as I drive around town. Even if I am travelling on a flat surface. This morning I filled my tank completely, after driving about 15 mins, my level dropped 1/8th of a tank. Then before reaching work, about 30 mins later, it jumps back up to full. This back and forth movement happens throughout the cumulative dropping process. So if I am at 3/4 tank, it may drop down to 1/2. then go back up to 3/4.

Sometimes this is scary because I don't know if I am getting horrible gas mileage, or my fuel sender is acting up. Sometimes I feell like I can watch the needle drop! I also don't race my car around town, and drive conservatively.

Anyone else experience this? Any info on fuel consumption appreciated.
    Also, do these "chips" help to optimize fuel economy?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Ian

Ian New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Sounds like dashboard problem. Early TT's had a fault which Audi changed free of charge. With regards fuel consumption, I get around 360 - 400 miles from a tank full, but if I cruise around 65mph on long run I get around 540