New To The Forum This Is My A4

lee.p.wood

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi I'm lee I'm 24 from sunderland I'm am mechanic/mot tester love cars I'm new to audi and I now wish I had changed to audi years ago loverly car. Enough babble here's my a4
It's a..
2000 audi a4 1.6
Picked her up for £500
80k on the clock had a slight blow in the flexy but that's fixed now

883c761d9d27f7484a4de3dc304dbe81.jpg

15c224bc123297a36ba6cac27f55287d.jpg

Can I have your rear bumper please?;)

Hi lee, welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

With it being a 1.6 and looking as tidy as it is id be swapping it out for a 1.8T :p

I will say i didnt no they did a 1.6 B5 lol

I had a 1.6 Avant when I first joined here. It was a stop gap until I got the Focus ST170 estate I'd been looking for. Circumstances changed and I found myself looking for a 1.8T A4 instead of the Focus.

For your first audi and for £500 that is a beauty............:applaus:
Welcome to Audi:kissmyrings::kissmyrings:

The plan is to drop a 1.8t init eventually but it's finding time at work and cheers guys and gals and it's really clean fue little car park scuffs on the corners but it's sold

FWIW, dont go thinking about "dropping a 1.8T into it".

Its NEVER worth doing a conversion like that, when you can buy a factory car.

Insurance becomes a perpetual hassle, will cost a lot more than a real 1.8T and you'll pretty much end up buying a whole 1.8T as a donor car for the engine anyway to get all the 1.8T specific parts that you dont have.

Ah well then I was only thinking about it because my mate has a 1.8t sitting in his garage well engine gearbox and harness and ecu but I was thinking next year just get a rs4

Yeh but there are so many variables. Is it of the right age to be compatible with your car harness? Is it an A4 engine (the A3/golf ones dont fit)? is it a cable throttle or drive-by-wire and does that match your car?

I put a 1.8T into my track car, which started out life as an S4, and even after buying a complete 1.8T A4 as a donor i've still been back and forward to the scrappy many times for small bits i've missed, had to sort out things that were differnet between the donor and shell, still have parts missing etc. For me it was worthwhile as i wanted a quattro car and got the S4 shell for free, and its a track car that wont be going on the road, so i dont have to worry about any insurance or DVSA crap.

When I got my last two Audis my 1.8t was 600$ CAD it had 190k on it and I drove it to 360k and sold for 500 :) now m'y current 99.5 a4 2.8 quattro I also paid 500$ for and 430,000km plus now it is still going like a champ. Also I drove mu friends 1.6 avant in London there beautiful cars!

That is a very clean example of a pre-cherished as I call it a4! Hold onto it! Take care of it and it will take care of you