1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the forum- A3 S Line

Sam90 Feb 11, 2014

1. Sam90

Sam90 New Member

Hi all, just purchased my A3 S Line 170 TDI. A welcome change from my Impreza Sti due to constant problems and of course the fuel bills. The car is standard apart from a pioneer satnav/blue ray player. The car is currently having all four wheels refurbed, completely split down, powder coated, painted and lacquered (OCD). Next week it is booked in for a set of H&R 50mm springs and wheel alignment, unable to fit myself as other toys take up all my time at the minute. Seems I have read every post about lowering springs and everyone has different opinions, I just want the car to sit slightly lower and not rub, hope I have made the right choice- any further advice welcomed before it's too late. Anyhow this is how the car currently looks, more pics to follow as the work is completed.

Cheers Sam

Attached Files:

Sandra likes this.
  2. I oOEddOo I

I oOEddOo I Member

welcome on board and enjoy the car :)

3. dandav1985

dandav1985 Active Member VCDS Map User

Welcome, nice colour a3.......

4. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Welcome to audi-sport.net Sam. Very nice car. Enjoy the forum. :) x

5. smurfworth

smurfworth Well-Known Member Audi S3

looks nice, advise? apart from if you like your cars low, not just lowered, the springs won't be low enough..

6. Sam90

Sam90 New Member

i think the 50mm will be enough, want to avoid any rubbing just want the back end sat down a little more.

7. Sam90

Sam90 New Member

Had the wheels refurbed at the weekend and just fitted the H&R 50mm lowering springs. Excuse the dirt, Somerset is pretty damp at the minute.

Attached Files:

8. Mindak

Mindak Active Member

I was looking at getting the 50mm springs too, il see how yours settles down! Lol