1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the Audi world

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_Storz, Aug 10, 2004.

1. imported_Storz

imported_Storz Guest

Hey all, I am new to the Audi world, have a 98 A4 1.8t, I love it! Previous car was an MR2 and a Vette before that, its nice to finally have a back seat and still have great handling and looks. Anyways I have a coulpe questions about the car, right now the airbag light is lit up on the dash, should I just take it to a dealer or is this something common, the car has never been in an accident. I'll post a couple pics when I get around to it, the car is dark blue...thanks
  2. imported_Legrath

imported_Legrath Guest

Hi, and Welcome. Im new here too, having just purchased a Silver 99 2.8Q...and anxiously awaiting for this weekend when I can collect it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Airbag light could be down to a loose connection or fitting, but its not something you really want to mess around with. A Dealer can plug in there VAG Tool and detect faults or simply reset the light.

3. K212

K212 Member

Welcome to Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  4. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Storz said:
    Hey all, I am new to the Audi world, have a 98 A4 1.8t, I love it! Previous car was an MR2 and a Vette before that, its nice to finally have a back seat and still have great handling and looks. Anyways I have a coulpe questions about the car, right now the airbag light is lit up on the dash, should I just take it to a dealer or is this something common, the car has never been in an accident. I'll post a couple pics when I get around to it, the car is dark blue...thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If the airbag light is on, it means the airbag system has a fault, and is not operational. You MUST get this checked out, or the airbags will not deploy in an accident. I had the same problem recently, & it turned out to be an intermittent problem with high resistance in the circuit, a chance thing most probably caused by moving the driver's seat. It was reset FOC, and has not recurred.