New to the A6 section of the forum

Well something arrived in the post for me today, Genuine Allroad doorblades, I'm mega pleased with the outcome of this,

More to come at the end of the month but its all coming together now I think

Loving the front grill with the chrome rings and crime lines on black. The allroad door blades make it look fatter and give it a more aggressive look. :) good work fella.

Reactions: rawtor51
Good bye chrome trim,

Had the car booked in for a bit of wrapping so here's the results, thank f**k that's done, everyone here knows my instant dislike for chrome and it was hard to live with.
So Window surrounds, door handle tops and boot strip seen to.

anyway pics

Really happy with the finished results.

Reactions: alex13p
Looks good, going to be doing the same to my Avant. If you don't mind, how much was it to do?

Looks mint fancy doing the same to my new addition :thumbs up:

Reactions: alex13p and rawtor51
Good work Rawtor51, I've been looking for examples of this done on a silver audi for a while. Looks mint, I want this done as well now!

Who did you have do it for you?

Last edited:
Ok, I've just had a proper read through everything you've done. This is now my new favourite thread on ASN. My car is identical except it's an Avant. Only had it couple of weeks so far but would love to do some similar things with it to what you've done.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

Thanks very much Alex, your comments are much appreciated.

The wrap was done by a local company called Customised-coatings, I don't think they have a website but they can be found on facebook.

So what's next on the cards?

I'm stuck with deciding on where to begin. Money is constantly tight whilst saving to buy a house and so for me it's going to come in dribs and drabs but do I go for a remap first or looks. I really could do with starting off my own build thread, even if it's going to be a quiet one :)

Yeah I know what like. Can never have enough cash eh.
What's next, Mmmm not sure yet, still need the exhaust seen to, weather a system or just new straight tips I'm not sure yet.
also still to buy my spacers the bring my ET down a bit, still wanting a Dension Gateway installed too, oh and a few other things I have floating around in my head too.
I'm not one for engine fiddling though so always concentrate on looks first.

Nice, adcooper on here recommended this guy to me - http://www.tclsatnav.com/index.html
He's got a solution/fitting for the denison500 if you want someone to do it for you. After some reading around I think i'd rather get a pro to fit it, looks horrible to do!

Any particular exhausts you've seen and like the look of? There doesn't seem to be any options to buy off the shelf on the internet, obviously could get a custom job

Reactions: adcooper
I would be fitting myself I think, seen a few vids and DIY,s and it doesn't look too bad an install, exhaust wise I would be going for a custom Powerflow, if just the tips they will probably be Powerflow too.

What are you aiming for with the exhaust, noise or just looking nice?
Which videos did you see, or what did you search for/where did you search? The guide I read looked horrible, I suppose it's how brave you're feeling though ha

Have you looked at getting the dials to stage on ignition? Geeky update to the computer but looks imo pretty cool!

Cant do the needle sweep on a C6 bud.
I have downward pointing pipes atm so was wanting straight ones like the facelift model. A wee bit burble would be nice but not really important as after all its diesel.
dension install vids on youtube are pretty good. Everything is done at the back of the changer.

The internet says otherwise regarding the needle sweep - I've seen a few people do it on vids. Quick google found this -
Needle Sweep:
1. In vcds select control module 17
2. use coding (button number 07)
3. click longcoding
4. slect byte 1, set bit 0 to 1
Finished.

I've never used a VSDS so that means nothing to me but this was done on a A6 C6 2008. Link to site

I'll look up denison again tonight, the guide i saw looked like you needed to take the dash apart....no idea what that was all about. Back of changer job sounds easy enough, is that the option that brings up a CD7 option on MMI and tricks it into thinking it's a big MP3 CD?

Aye sorry my mistake, yeah I'm in a 2007 that's why I was thinking that.
Nah just removal of the changer, some fibre optic plugs and a power plug into the fuse box, doesn't look too bad at all.
Full MMI control of the IPod too.

Loving the car mate, it looks like the saloon cousin of mine, I like the door blades too, might have to steal that idea :ninja:

I like the removal of chrome, I dont think it suits, I will be getting a black grille badge and boot badge as soon as funds allow too :thumbs up:

Attachments

• $_12.JPG
    $_12.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 285
Well that was quick, ordered these on Monday, here today, will get em chucked on soon and hopefully that will sort out the spacing on the rears.

5mm spacer will take me down to ET 37 on the back, standard offsets are 42 or 45 depending on what wheels are fitted

Well that was quick, ordered these on Monday, here today, will get em chucked on soon and hopefully that will sort out the spacing on the rears.

5mm spacer will take me down to ET 37 on the back, standard offsets are 42 or 45 depending on what wheels are fitted

Not hubcentric????? :eek:
Post up pics when its done as I was thinking of doing the same but was thinking 10s

Last edited:
Yeah there classed as hubcentric because the bore is the same size as the hub and they wont float around like the cheepo ones, True hubcentric ones start at 12mm if you want the spigot part on the spacer due to the width.

That'll be them fitted then, I know its only 5mm a side but it does make a difference, well I notice anyway.

Before

After

Still got the fronts to space out a bit too.

Thanks, I will have a proper look when i get home, not sure I need 10 but will look into it.

I am assuming you didn't need linger bolts for 5mm spacers?

Last edited:
Cracking car and some really nice simple mods.

A lot of stuff id like to do myself but currently finding the motivation and funds to iron out the little problems first is my main issue.
Hopefully i'll get there eventually but with the missus now nipping my ear about marriage the car fund may be non existent for the next few years

Good work Sir! I need some new door trim for my allroad - the previous owner scratched them some how. Turning on the reversing screen is a nice touch too, need to read up on how to do that!

Thought I would try some of this Magic Sponge malarkey after a mate recommending them cause I was complaining about the stitching on the wheel being a bit dirty, read a few bits & bobs about them on my local car forum too, so I bought some off ebay, being honest I'm pleasantly surprised with the results.

No more shiny wheel either

Did you use any cleaning product, or just the sponge?

It's not my intention to imitate an S6 so the badge will be getting dealt with when I decide what to do about it.

I just changed the S6 badge for S-line badge.

GOOG203

Reactions: rawtor51 and Markjb