1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the A3

DEANO Mar 18, 2005

1. DEANO

DEANO New Member

Evening posters, just letting you know that as from tomorrow (19th Mar) i'll be using this forum on A3's cos my S4Avant is going and i'm getting a 2.0 Sport A3 to replace it!! No offence to you die-hard A3 owners, but it's got a lot to live up too!! This'll be my first A3.
    I'll keep you informed on what i think of it. The wife wanted a Golf Tdi GT, but i had to remind her WHO wears the trousers when choosing a car in our marriage!!!
    Deano.

2. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore Team Floret Silver quattro Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Hi Deano,

Blimey S4 avant to A3 sport, the poor A3 hasn't got a chance to live up to her, at least you're getting the A3 instead of the golf.

Are you going for the TFSI 2.0 sport, or down the TDI-line (excuse the pun). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Anyway good luck with the trousers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

3. DEANO

DEANO New Member

2.0 TFSI, it was an easy option since the Golf ran like Sh!t and stank like an ashtray on wheels!! A3 ran smoother & felt more stable and comfortable! I'm hoping i can return back to the S4 in a years time!! We're starting a house project so needed to cut the finances down!!
    Deano.

4. gizze

gizze Member

I was very tempted with your S4 as it was exactly the spec and colour I would have ordered myself, then reminded myself that I have other commitments in my life other than cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope the A3 is not too much of a step backwards! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. No comparrison the A3 to the Golf imho, The A3 wins hands down in the TDi class. Interior styling and build of the golf reminded me of a Ford Orion I once owned tacky and poor quality

6. DEANO

DEANO New Member

Well i tried my best but just couldn't get used to the A3, not enough umpth for a 2.0 litre!!! Obviously it wasn't going to be anything like the S4 Avant, size was a problem,Avant to a Hatch,the A3 sounded to much like a diesel, so i've got rid of it for a diesel, A4 Tdi!!!
    Deano.

7. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

What, the TFSI sounded too much like a diesel?

Which A4 TDI? The 3.0 v6?

8. jodeci

jodeci Member

The 2.0Tfsi has 200Bhp and 280N/m cant see how a 2.0 TDi unchipped A4 will be any better mate.

Youd want to be getting the V6 Tdi + chip to get anywere near S4 performance.