1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the A3

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by DEANO, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DEANO

DEANO New Member

[Mar 18, 2005]
    Evening posters, just letting you know that as from tomorrow (19th Mar) i'll be using this forum on A3's cos my S4Avant is going and i'm getting a 2.0 Sport A3 to replace it!! No offence to you die-hard A3 owners, but it's got a lot to live up too!! This'll be my first A3.
    I'll keep you informed on what i think of it. The wife wanted a Golf Tdi GT, but i had to remind her WHO wears the trousers when choosing a car in our marriage!!!
    Deano.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

[Mar 18, 2005]
    Hi Deano,

Blimey S4 avant to A3 sport, the poor A3 hasn't got a chance to live up to her, at least you're getting the A3 instead of the golf.

Are you going for the TFSI 2.0 sport, or down the TDI-line (excuse the pun). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Anyway good luck with the trousers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  4. DEANO

DEANO New Member

[Mar 18, 2005]
    2.0 TFSI, it was an easy option since the Golf ran like Sh!t and stank like an ashtray on wheels!! A3 ran smoother & felt more stable and comfortable! I'm hoping i can return back to the S4 in a years time!! We're starting a house project so needed to cut the finances down!!
    Deano.
  5. gizze

gizze Member

[Mar 19, 2005]
    I was very tempted with your S4 as it was exactly the spec and colour I would have ordered myself, then reminded myself that I have other commitments in my life other than cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope the A3 is not too much of a step backwards! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  6. imported_RedSportback

imported_RedSportback Guest

[Mar 19, 2005]
    No comparrison the A3 to the Golf imho, The A3 wins hands down in the TDi class. Interior styling and build of the golf reminded me of a Ford Orion I once owned tacky and poor quality
  7. DEANO

DEANO New Member

[Apr 7, 2005]
    Well i tried my best but just couldn't get used to the A3, not enough umpth for a 2.0 litre!!! Obviously it wasn't going to be anything like the S4 Avant, size was a problem,Avant to a Hatch,the A3 sounded to much like a diesel, so i've got rid of it for a diesel, A4 Tdi!!!
    Deano.
  8. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

[Apr 7, 2005]
    What, the TFSI sounded too much like a diesel?

Which A4 TDI? The 3.0 v6?
  9. jodeci

jodeci Member

[Apr 8, 2005]
    The 2.0Tfsi has 200Bhp and 280N/m cant see how a 2.0 TDi unchipped A4 will be any better mate.

Youd want to be getting the V6 Tdi + chip to get anywere near S4 performance.