1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to s3 ownership more power!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3-Andy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. S3-Andy

S3-Andy Member

[Apr 5, 2008]
    hi guys i am new to s3 ownership,owning a pretty sorted subaru wrx and a new yamaha r6 thought i would opt for something a bit sensible with a bit of go in it. I ended up with a 2001 s3 with 40k on the clock,its had a revo re-map and got a supersprint system,i am not disapointed as its a quality motor but miss the aggresion of the td05 on the scoob,am i lookin at mega money for a little more power? or is there any other small mods i can do i not looking at going down the route of a bigger turbo,injectors etc cant really justify the money,just cant help crave more aggresion and power.
    prehaps i am forgetting why i bought this car :laugh:
    anyway i be glad to hear any input or ideas,also going to be looking a some styling nothing major just a lower front lip,maybe some carbon engine covers etc so id be grateful if any body can point me in the right direction
    thanks in advance guys
    andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Apr 5, 2008]
    Hi and welcome to the S3 I to am new only couple of weeks now. A company on here called backdraft do a Hybrid turbo conversion for around £700 exchange which is not bad considering a fully blown turbo brake conversion is about £5000 to £6000, and will give quite a bit more power I think.
  4. danclarke

danclarke 2001 Denim Blue S3 Rep

[Apr 6, 2008]
    FMIC
    Better downpipe
    Better manifold
    Re - map again and shouldnt see why you wont reach 280-290 bhp!

hope you got a good brake and suspension upgrade tho!
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 6, 2008]
    That's just for the Turbo mate, you need to add labour to fit it, then remapping charges which would give you around the 300bhp mark I believe and then you need to uprate the chassis and brakes to cope with the power!