new to group

squigly

Reaction score
Website
sasha.dolgy.com
hey. i pick up my '99 black/black S3 tuesday -- living in the UK fresh from Canada, and would like to get some information from folks, like where can i get chips, who does performance upgrades, you know all that fun stuff.

but more importantly, how/why this affects insurance. it's all a little bit different over here then it is on the other side of the pond where my 2001 a4 sits in a garage crying because it's not being driven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks

Welcome to the forum Squigly, there are always plently of discussions on performance and tuning. Most noticable power gain will be from chipping, companies like Revo, AMD and Jabbasport are your best bet (I'm sure there are some others which I have forgetten /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I think there was a tread on the merits of each chip a little while ago...

Get modding!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Firstly welcome to the boards.

There are some tuning companies listed in the links menu, but I think your best bet is do a search under 'chip' and see what pops up, you'll find some interesting stuff I'm sure.

nice. now, back home in canada, we'd have little get togethers and little group outings of folks with audi's. you guys do that here? ideally would love to meet other owners and talk to them off the net to see what they've done and see how they like different mods etc.

[ QUOTE ]
squigly said:
nice. now, back home in canada, we'd have little get togethers and little group outings of folks with audi's. you guys do that here? ideally would love to meet other owners and talk to them off the net to see what they've done and see how they like different mods etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep we do! Where abouts in the UK are you then?

Rich

Sounds like another one for the Santa Pod meet Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Sounds like another one for the Santa Pod meet Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Could well be!

cheltenham, glos. -- keep in mind i'm from canada, so a four hour drive isn't that horrific /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kewl.. Im in witney, near oxford.. On the A40, so not that far away from you!

So you fancy coming to santa pod?? Get to meet lots of us there!

Rich

i'd definately be interested. i have a bigger question, who's a good recommendation for insurance? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kewl... well we are meeting up at Junction 15A on the M1 at 9am sunday the 3rs august...

Insurance - theres a question! There are so many insurers and all charge differntly for different things.. There are so many variables that whats good for one person might be ***** for another.
I have found Elephant Quite good for me (im 20, with no no claims, and 2 years driving) but they are no good when it some to modifications... they are extautionate! Tesco are also quite good as are directline... Its a case of calling around and getting the best deal!

Good luck!

Rich

It's one of the major motorways that runs between north and south and is very close to you....you don't have a road map?

Insurance - I tried DirectLine who have been by far the cheapest, and very reasonable in terms of chipped insurance as well.

go to www.theaa.co.uk

Use the route planner to do the route from cheltenham to northampton, using witney as Via number 1 and towcester as via number 2, and select the end point from the list as northampton services (northampton, northants)

Rich