new to forum and need some help please

midnight-massacre

Reaction score
hey guys n gals, i have a 52 plate 1.8t audi a4 se

right the question is i rang our local Audi garage up for some info on this, i understand that it has a ko3s turbo but the bhp is uncertain, when i gave them the engine code (BFB) they tell me its the 163 edition, which apparently stands for kilowatt, they told me that its actually 180 bhp, can anyone help me please, thanx

sounds about right m8 but dont think its a ko3s id say k03

I'm no expert on the 1.8T but I thought in the B6 it only came in 163 and 190 bhp outputs?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

try maindealers with vin number and check turbo model bud

your right about the 190 but that one is the quattro version, this is why im confused lol, it was audi in Doncaster themselves that told me that the 163 se is referred to as in kilowatts.

Ok next question for you guys, any hints on what to do to her first

163 kilowatts is about 220bhp, so they have got it wrong. To find the bhp from kilowatts, you multiply by 1.3 (approx). To make it more complicated, Audi rate the power of their cars in PS (It stand for... "pferdstake" or some loony german word like that - the same is metric horsepower) PS (metric hp) is slightly different from UK (imperial) hp, so to get UK hp from PS, you divide by something like 1.01 or 1.02. Basically, take a few off of your PS number. So the 163PS 1.8T is actually 160bhp.

I'm really sorry for such a complicated paragraph, but it's getting late!

Anyway - what to do - get a remap, then it doesn't matter what bhp you had as you'll be running more(!) Get an S Line or S4 front bumper and some bigger wheels. Just my 2p!

ty Benjie, ive been speaking to Nick from R-tech, so it will be going there for the remap :) ive only had her 2 weeks and ive already put a stainless on her, i also like your other ideas 2 lol, thank you

gotta be honest my 180 cupra was p155 poor aswell........ for size and weight of car, had that remapped and even though the bhp didnt rise to much the extra 60 odd torque showed very much, noticed how much the front wheels wanted to spin up

i had my previous car (mk4 Golf) mapped to 195, it drove like a demon so cant wait to get this one done lol, im hoping to pick up a few bargins off here too