1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audi's

Ian_83 Dec 13, 2010

1. Ian_83

Ian_83 Member

Just got myself a 1996 A3 turbo as a change from jap cars for the past decade. Build quality is loads different from the same era of jap cars which are rattly, tinny, but have solid engines. Bought out of necessity rather then want as my 200sx finally did its big end bearings and I have no drive, garage or workshop to change an engine and in the snow?! Sod that. However I've been pleasantly surprised with the A3 so far. It's had a lot of money spent on it, seems to have been owned by older women most of its life and even though it had 96k on it, sounds sweet as a nut! Plus the black leather has been really looked after. The only thing that disappoints me is the power, but I've just stepped down from a 300bhp RWD sports coupé so it's bound to feel sluggish, however I'm not giving it enough credit, it's not slow. And that's why I'm here! Been looking for a good forum that can help me with my woe's, problems and the desire for speed!.

As far as I can tell I have an AGU engine which means cable throttle (I hate drive by wire) but not sure what else that means? Probably a KO3 turbo? I'm sure you guys know everything about them but I'm starting from scratch again.

Bit a long intro but, Hi!

Ian.

2. CHRIS555

CHRIS555 DOPE with added OCD

3. Bugsy_27

Bugsy_27 Vorsprung Durch Technik

welcome to the site mate

4. rjm180

rjm180 Active Member

Hello and Welcome

5. scott b

scott b Active Member VCDS Map User

HI

200sx S13 or S14

6. Ian_83

Ian_83 Member

Thanks all.

It was an S14, pre-facelift. With rust, fading paint on the bonnet and roof, the door, front bumper and rear bumper were all different shades. But when It could do 0-100 in 12 seconds, I didn't care :)

7. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Staff Member Moderator

Hi and welcome. Try posting your questions in the A3 8L part of the forum, there are loads of guys there who will help.