1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audis, old to VAG - looking for mod suggestions!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by PoyntonBlue, May 26, 2011.

1. PoyntonBlue

PoyntonBlue Let the Wookie win!

Hi all,
    I'm another newbie, so please don't bite!

I've spent the last 20 years twiddling with air- and water-cooled Volkswagens of all shapes (to a reasonable customisation level) and now I've got myself an '08 Audi A3 (8PA) S-Line TDI, in phantom black with black Vienna leather interior and the 5-spoke 18" wheels. Otherwise its bog-standard - for now!

Audi_A3_S-line | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Externally, I'm going down the lamin-x route with the black grille surround and possibly rear badge removal. Got a few queries though:

1) Whats the best "reasonably priced" black grille surround that will accept the S-Line badge (ie decent finish, decent fit) - seen online prices from £50-150 which raised suspicions/concerns on quality

2) I was sort of surprised at the lack of "niceties" like come-home lights etc that the SE models have. What are the top 5 lower-cost tweaks/tricks to add a few features (I have access to VAG-COM/VCDS). Dont mind trawling ebay etc for "bits" and will be going to a few VAG shows this summer anyhow.

3) Whats the easiest way of powering a mini-usb tom-tom satnav mounted in the bottom right of windscreen without trailing a wire across the dash - fusebox nearby - any neat workarounds known? I'll be adding a parrot handsfree kit at some stage, so would be looking to wire this up at the same time

Any other suggestions of "obvious" tweaks and mods appreciated!

Cheers!

Chris

#1 PoyntonBlue, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. FranA3

FranA3 events moderator
    Regional Rep

sweet car dude im a fellow A3 driver too oh and welcome to the forum , your best bet is to post this in the 8P section lower in the forum home page

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Member

Welcome to the site, unfortunately i cant see the pics as my work computer blocs it :(