1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audis - Been offered a B5 1.8T

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dougiefourspeed, Jan 10, 2014.

1. dougiefourspeed

dougiefourspeed New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been offered a 1997 A4 B5 1.8T saloon as part of a deal with my current car. I'm not really familiar on these Audis or the 1.8T motor so have a couple of questions.

The car has the following mods on it: K03 Hybrid Turbo, Uprated manifold, Internal wastegate, K&N filter. Anyone have any idea of a rough power figure with these mods? I know they're around 150 when new/standard but just wondering. I wanna get a rough idea compared to my current (Vectra GSi)

Secondly are there any highly recommended modifications for these cars? Or anything I should look out for in particular for this model?

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers

Edit- forgot to say this B5 currently has 138k on the clock.

Doug

2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

Hi Doug, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read through the faqs thread, lots of info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  3. Oranoco

Oranoco Active Member

Can't really give a defined answer without knowing what the turbo is and what injectors are in place. Quite possible it's making standard power or marginaly over. It's a bit of a "how long's a piece of string" question I'm afraid
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator

yeh the figure boils down to the turbo and the tune.

"hybird" means "non-standard internals" and unless you know what those internals are, its a big questionmark.

If its still on the original 2.5" MAF sensor or original injectors, your almost certainly less than 230hp.