1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audis - Been offered a B5 1.8T

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by dougiefourspeed, Jan 10, 2014.

1. dougiefourspeed

dougiefourspeed New Member

Hi everyone.

I've been offered a 1997 A4 B5 1.8T saloon as part of a deal with my current car. I'm not really familiar on these Audis or the 1.8T motor so have a couple of questions.

The car has the following mods on it: K03 Hybrid Turbo, Uprated manifold, Internal wastegate, K&N filter. Anyone have any idea of a rough power figure with these mods? I know they're around 150 when new/standard but just wondering. I wanna get a rough idea compared to my current (Vectra GSi)

Secondly are there any highly recommended modifications for these cars? Or anything I should look out for in particular for this model?

Any help really appreciated.

Cheers

Edit- forgot to say this B5 currently has 138k on the clock.

Doug

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Hi Doug, welcome to audi-sport.net. Have a read through the faqs thread, lots of info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

4. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Can't really give a defined answer without knowing what the turbo is and what injectors are in place. Quite possible it's making standard power or marginaly over. It's a bit of a "how long's a piece of string" question I'm afraid

5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!"
    Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

yeh the figure boils down to the turbo and the tune.

"hybird" means "non-standard internals" and unless you know what those internals are, its a big questionmark.

If its still on the original 2.5" MAF sensor or original injectors, your almost certainly less than 230hp.