1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Section' started by 2bike, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 2bike

2bike New Member

Jul 30, 2009

I have ordered a new A3, the (presently) cheap and 'ecological' one ... a 1.9TDIE Sport in Brilliant Black. I have had a number of Auto-Union cars in the past, including two NSU Ro80s - which were about the same power as the little Audi but seriously more beautiful.

I know that the 1.9 is thought a bit of a dog by the cognoscenti on this board, but it was a good price with scrappage on my ancient, inherited Fiesta. This is my first diesel and I am looking forward to a little clattering and wheezing. It's an authenticity thing.

I am considering remapping after the first service, up a few horsepower and a bit of torque. Nothing to trouble the clutch too much (does the 1.9 have the same clutch as the 2.0? I guess so ...). I haven't seen any generic maps offered for the common rail 1.9 yet, and I am aware that there may be limitations owing to the DPF, so this is just something I am considering. I am also wondering if a remap would affect the CO2 rating and the Road Tax banding ...

Meanwhile, the Fiesta driver's door doesn't always close, but at least I can solve that with fiddling and some WD40 - soon I shall have to worry about getting VAG-COM and re-programming just to empty the ashtray.

By the way, the other cars I was considering were a Rover P5, a Bristol and a Citroen 2cv. Obviously the Bristol was a fantasy ...