1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to Audi......

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by decal, Sep 25, 2011.

1. decal

decal New Member

Hi folks, I'm new to the Audi scene having just bought a brand new A3 Sportback Technik last week.

I've moved over from a 2009 Madza 6 sport, so finding the lack of toys a bit of a bummer. To add salt to the wound, the car is back in the garage after 6 days with an oil leak, however the customer service so far has been good. Not sure if its just a seal problem or something bigger. Time will tell after the seal is replaced!

One thing which is annoying, and I've spoke with Audi over this, is the lack of option to retro-fit the navigation plus system. I have had a look on here and see the various steps people have taken, however there isn't any details of a job similar to my request. As such, can anyone offer some advice............

I currently have the Audi Conncert III cd player in my 2011 A3. It has Ipod dock, voice control and bluetooth.

Can I put in an RNS-E?

If I can, will (or how can) I retain the Ipod, voice and bluetooth.

I hope you can help, please fogive me if this has been asked before. I'm a bit of a technophobe and have been looking at this site since lunch time!!

Thanks in advance. A great forum I expect to make plenty use of.
    Cheers
    D
  2. welshwoody

welshwoody Member

Yeah you can retrofit an RNS-E. The bluetooth and voice modules are seperate from the actual head unit, so they will work on the RNS-E as they wont be removed at all.
    I bought my RNS-E from ebay, around £400 I think from Romania. It was a straight swap with the Concert radio I had. Only had to install the GPS reciever but thats simple enough anyway.
  3. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

welcome mate
  4. tdi-man

tdi-man Active Member

Welcome to the site
  5. The Engineer

The Engineer Member

PM NHN,

He has all the knowledge in the world about your enquiry!

And welcome to the forum decal :rockwoot:
  6. decal

decal New Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll pm NHN