1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New sususpension

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by keendean, May 4, 2006.

1. keendean

keendean Member

I'm fitting new shocks and springs all round, which bushes are worth replacing , and which ones are worth replacing with Powerflex?

Do powerflex sell top mounts?
  2. god_thats_quick

god_thats_quick Numptie of the highest order

I would replace the strut top mounts with the standard ones and the bearing as well if your car is quite high milleage although mine still looked ok at 75,000 miles (the top mounts didn't though they were squashed). Also I think replacing the wishbone bushes for the powerflex ones is a very good mod (but can be a pain in the arse), you don't seem to get any problems but you get more feedback about what is going on with the front of the car. I've also got the ECS dogbone bushes (all three) and the powerflex steering rack bush but I wouldn't say those are as worthwhile as the wishbone ones.

PS... I think powerflex do make strut top mounts for golfs so they might be the same.
  3. keendean

keendean Member

Thanks-Where did you get the wishbone bushes from?

At the same time I may have R32 Arb's F&R fitted , I was going to just use OEM Arb bushes, is this a good idea?
  4. god_thats_quick

RichA3Turbo on here can get pretty much any of the powerflex or ECS bushes, I'd get them from him - top serivce, however vagparts also stock all powerflex stuff. Not sure about the ARB bushes I've got standard stuff on my car, I would have thought standard R32 bushes would be fine.
  5. keendean

keendean Member

6. keendean

keendean Member

Also using the Koni sport kit (shocks and springs) would it better to reuse the curent H&R springs with the new Koni shocks and flog the brand new Koni springs, or keep them matched?
  7. god_thats_quick