1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new suspension

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by 205man, May 18, 2007.

1. 205man

205man Active Member

[May 18, 2007]
    whilst im at home recovering from my knee op im going to get the car sent in to have the suspension changed, as my rear shock appears to have a leak

my 2.8 quattro is fitted with original audi sport dampers/springs all round at the moment.

i would love to lower my car but due the design of my drive it wouldnt be pratical as i wouldnt be able to get on on off it.

so im looking for some dampers to replace the orignal sport ones (front and rear) that i can use my sport springs with, which would be better the the audi ones.

or i could use coilovers which means i could possibly lower the car to a height that would still allow me to get on the drive

BUT im having a problem finding anything, ive looked on ebay and a few other sites but almost everything is for NON quattro/sport, unless i want to pay mega money.

any ideas, suggestions where i can get something at a SENSIBLE price,

alan
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. 205man

205man Active Member

[May 18, 2007]
    will the s4 suspension fitmy quattro sport? its just ive been offered some, complete springs and shocks
  4. stapo69

stapo69 All hail the mighty quattro!

[May 18, 2007]
    I just fitted FK highsport coilovers, highly recommend them, loads of height adjustment, better handlng but still pretty comfortable, no worse than uprated springs can live with them day to day no problem. Got them from europerformace.co.uk for £527, a bargain i reckon considering they cost no more than a full set of dampers and springs. Alternatively you could go for V-Maxx/Jamex coilovers, if you can get them for your car, couldn't for my S4, come up on ebay regularly for around £300, a mate had them on his A4 tdi, again excellent value for money.

As for the S4 suspension I'm not sure, would be pretty much the same as quattro sport as far as i know.

Hope that's some help to you.
  5. AndyHolmes

AndyHolmes New Member

[May 20, 2007]
    I would look at one of the new Koni FSD damper sets for around £400, firm on smooth roads and comfortable on uneven roads, best of both worlds if what they say is true.
  6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 21, 2007]
    I can backup what stapo69 said, My FK's are the best setup i have had on any car yet as a compromise between ride and handling.