New Style Sat Nav with MP3

androidmarrs

Audi S7
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knows if a new style Sat Nav unit from an A4 would fit an 03 plate S3 old shape?

The Sat Nav unit for the newer shape A3 is shaped differently with top corners rounded. As where the A4 unit looks to be the same shape as my Symphony II head unit.

Could any one please give me any advice on this?

Thanks Andy

Cheers Steve,

At the end of the day all i want is the ability to play mp3's so it is either the sat nav unit or the phatnoise. I dont know which just yet!

Sorry to hijack... how are MP3s played on the RNS-E, does it take a memory card or has it got a hard disk built in or something?

Also when you replace a Symphony II with an RNS where do you stick your CDs, I can't see a CD slot on the RNS-E? Sorry if I'm being dumb, new to all this (get my S3 on Saturday, whey!).

It has a motorised screen that comes down to reaveal x2 SD slots for MP3's. Take the nav disk out to play cd's or use a new changer.

Phatnoise all the way, i also considered the sat nav opiton but for £1000 its just not worth it most of the time i know where i m going.

Where did you hide the phatnoise? I prefer seeing the tags/playlists. No more than £500 fitted if you DIY.

Can the RNS-E control a phatnoise? That sounds like the best of both worlds.
Keeping MP3s on two SD cards doesn't seem like a clever plan, bit naff really.

Yes you can control the phatbox via cd input.

Having had both I prefer the RNS-E but then again I only have about 30 albums on both SD cards so perhaps it was a bit wasted on me.