1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Style RS4 Alloys

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_spuddie007, Oct 9, 2005.

1. imported_spuddie007

imported_spuddie007 Guest

Hi All

Just been looking round on ebay for alloys for the S3, and saw these little beauties.

Anyone seen these on an S3 or got any opinions on how they might look on the S3?

Cheers
    Spuddie

New Style RS4 Alloys
  2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I haven't seen any new RS4 reps on an A/S3 yet; and was hoping to be one of the first...

I'm already planning to buy a set as soon as I need tyres, I did a quick photo-chop a few weeks ago and I think they're gonna look really good... You goin for it?

Regards,

Rob.
  3. Deat

Deat New Member

4. imported_spuddie007

Hi to both,

I am looking to buy when my tyres are on the way out, probably a few months yet, but should look good if they'll fit!

Deat, you may be right by the look of it, but I got the pic off an ebay auction, have included the link below, I can't remember the sizes that the S3 needs!

Ebay Linky

Cheers
    Spuddie
  5. imported_spuddie007

Hi

Just checked on Rochford Tyres' fitment guide, and the size that is listed on the ebay linky, will fit the S3 (8x18" 5x100 et35).

Spuddie

ps Can't wait!
  6. imported_fingermouse

imported_fingermouse Guest

I had a photo-crop done on my silver S3 witht these wheels but didnt like it so went wiht the usual rstt`s.
  7. imported_spuddie007

Do you still have the image?
  8. imported_Strider81

imported_Strider81 Guest

those alloys look the shizzle but please some1 get a pccy up as we all know if it doesnt suit the wide arches of the ess then it wont do!
  9. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

These wheels are not available in 5x100 yet according to AmD, they had a set on display in their showroom, and look luuurvely, with good brake caliper clearance aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  10. imported_spuddie007

jojo

The dude on ebay auction says he has them in 8x18" 5x100 et35, is that not the right size then?

Spuddie
  11. jojo

[ QUOTE ]
    jojo

The dude on ebay auction says he has them in 8x18" 5x100 et35, is that not the right size then?

Spuddie

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that would be the correct size, go get them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif , then post a pic up when they are fitted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  12. imported_spuddie007

I will be getting them, just not yet. Got a bit of rubber left on the Michelin's yet, but I'm getting rid of the standard alloys at that point!
  13. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

The AMD ones do look excellent, i suppose there will be a mass overspill of these now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  14. jojo

No offence to AmD, but it's cheaper to get them off ebay, and the set they had on display was wearing Avon ZZ3's for anyone whose interested.
  15. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    No offence to AmD, but it's cheaper to get them off ebay, and the set they had on display was wearing Avon ZZ3's for anyone whose interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running ZZ3s at the moment. I'm quite happy with performance (not sure on lengevity yet) but they don't half sqeal round the corners. It makes you sound like you're trying alot harder than you are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev.
  16. jojo

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running ZZ3s at the moment. I'm quite happy with performance (not sure on lengevity yet) but they don't half sqeal round the corners. It makes you sound like you're trying alot harder than you are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying they are a bad tyre, but you can get better. I'm on my second set of ZZ3's on my Passat, and they offer excellent ware rate, got 20K miles out of my last set, before I sold them used with my old alloys on ebay. A good all round tyre, but not a performance tyre IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  17. Kevint

Kevint Active Member

20K miles on a diesel isn't bad, my diesel chewed the front tyres up fairly rapidly.

I've only got the ZZ3s on the front at the moment, I'm yet to fit the rears, however, do you find that they are alittle slippery in the wet compared to other tyres? or am I imagining it?

Kev.
  18. jojo

[ QUOTE ]
    20K miles on a diesel isn't bad, my diesel chewed the front tyres up fairly rapidly.

I've only got the ZZ3s on the front at the moment, I'm yet to fit the rears, however, do you find that they are alittle slippery in the wet compared to other tyres? or am I imagining it?

Kev.

[/ QUOTE ]

My diesel is chipped and lowered aswell, and wears the inside edges of the tyres first, but somehow manages to put all the power down with little or no wheelspin. I find the ZZ3s pretty hard, but the weight of the Passat maked them grip pretty well in wet or dry conditions. Infact, I had to drop the tyre pressures up front, to reduce grip, as the wife was complaining I was driving too quickly on the twisty stuff lol. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif