New Springs??

Sm3g

STANDARD S3 (225bhp)
Reaction score
alright everyone

car failed its m.o.t,other week on a rear coil spring,so i purchased a brand new pair from andrew pages and when they were put in its dropped the rear around 20mm lower,dont get me wrong it looks nice with my 18in alloys now,but the front is still high as hell could do with that dropping 20-25mm now just to even it out,but i dont really want to buy a full set of 4 springs as these rears cost me £100.

any ideas if i can get hold of just the front coils to drop it around 20-25mm to make it look even??

You could have got yourself a full set of eibach springs for 120, you'd probly be looking at another 100 for fronts so might aswell splash out an extra 20 and get the full set.

As an addition if you want a similar drop, it's the eibach prokit, im pretty sure you can get 30mm front and 25mm drop rears for the 120 I mentioned.

i never planned on dropping the car or i would of bought a full set i suppose,its just now the rears done i need to sort the front out,but think iyour right mate and im prob going to end up buying a full kit,then sell my rears on ebay or something,,,,,,or just be a cheap scate and chop the front standard coils down!LOL

you cant just cut the coils because of how there wound you would be givin yourself more of a headache can you not go back an say you was sold te wrong springs an see if hel do you a deal on the fronts

Another vote for the Eibach Prokit. The beauty about the 20/25 prokit is the car remains looking so you haven't slammed it all the while you will get quite a gain in the handling department.

Another vote for the Eibach Prokit. The beauty about the 20/25 prokit is the car remains looking so you haven't slammed it all the while you will get quite a gain in the handling department.

Dogbone mount also recommended

the springs are a brand called k-flex,andrew page said they are definatly the right springs as they only do 2 differant kinds for the 1.8 turbo,and mine were definatly the quattro rear springs that they supplied for me,also to add to the senario,for some reason they dont do front coils for the quattro as i thought if i bought the fronts aswell in the same brand it would even it out,but thats a no go:think:

ive had them try and supply quattro parts (a cv joint) and it was different to the S3. They are poor at part matching, good to quote a cheap price but they seem to supply anything then the replacement is more expensive

well i thought sod it lastnite and splashed out on a full set of eibach springs all round,so im should have these for tomoz so il get them thrown in at the weekend and that should be job done,cos its done my head in for the last few week seeing it low at the back and high as hell at the front.LOL

prob put my old rear coils on ebay there only 3week old aswell cos me £112 someone might be interested in them as a spare set as they drop the standard set up by 20mm,saves someone having to buy a full set of 4 if they have a brocken rear spring i suppose.

Put them on in the classified ads aswell mate. Glad to hear you got eibachs