New Sportback - Help with Choices etc.

alexkoon

Reaction score
Been lurking for a while and now ready to change up to a Sportback. Current car is the missus A2 diesel - but we need more room.

2.0TDI seems a popular choice and a sensible choice (and the A2 diesel is great) but I am tempted by the 2.0T FSI for the performance (my own previous car was a BMW 330). Either choice would be with DSG. What do other members think? Is the TDI suitable? We mainly drive in city situations with minor motorway/dual carriageway (prob about 30%).

I approached my usual Audi dealer who said he will give me 5% - he mentioned that it really is only 1-2% but as I have been on good terms with him, he'll give me 5% - is this bs or is 5% good?

Also - any news about the Sline? Thinking of an SLine with parking sensors, bose, auto-dimming folding mirrors, light pack, light sensor, xenons with phat noise (dealer quote is 799 - any dealer offer cheaper?).

Any info on your deals and opinions between the TDI and T FSI greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I ordered a 3.2 DSG in Sep and was given a discount of 7% from the stealer. I dont know if they give a better discount due to the car, but i took some internet quotes in when we talked price.

Phatnoise is being supplied and fitted for £500.

I also looked on the internet first for what deals where available before I went into the dealer.

I didn't think they would be able to get any where close but they did. If your serious about buying a car when you go and visit it will obviously make it a lot easier to do the deal!

J.

I've got 7% of my sportback 2.0TDI after a lot of discussing, and my girlfriends brother got 7.5% without even asking after a discount???? He's bought a 1.6FSI sportback.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Also worth trying Motorlogix (another internet broker). A friend of mine has just bought an A3 through them and they were excellent, but more to the point they were able to improve on their quoted discount price. The lesson here is that the brokers will also negotiate a better discount if you are prepared to push a little! Play the brokers off against one-another; you may be pleasantly surprised!
Good luck.

Try Audi Doncaster. They will normaly match internet and broker price....I saved £2000 in October 2003 when the car was in very short supply.