new sportback arriving friday!

bobwilson

Reaction score
One of our dealers is getting the new sportback this friday. Does anyone know if all dealers release the car in their showrooms on friday?

We will be test driving it asap, we'll also check to see if the s tronic lag is still there. Does anyone know of any dealers that have the s-line with deselected sport suspension available to test drive?

One of our dealers is getting the new sportback this friday. Does anyone know if all dealers release the car in their showrooms on friday?

We will be test driving it asap, we'll also check to see if the s tronic lag is still there. Does anyone know of any dealers that have the s-line with deselected sport suspension available to test drive?

What about ringing around to find out?

I have to say I think it unlikely. You'll probably get more success looking for an SE version with 18" wheels which would give you the same driving experience

I have to say I think it unlikely. You'll probably get more success looking for an SE version with 18" wheels which would give you the same driving experience

Sports is lower than SE
S-line is even lower again

Does the S-line with deselected sports suspension, bring it all the way down to an SE comfort suspension, or just down to sports suspension?

The Audi website implies it's down to SE ("deselect sports suspension"), however, a number of dealers can't seem to agree on this, some insist it's just down to sports.

I think the s-line comes standard with sports suspension. deselecting that takes it all the way back to SE comfort suspension. You can also opt for a sportier s line suspension with the s line though despite its name, that isn't how it comes as standard!

SE Comfort - standard on SE. OPtion on Sport and S Line

Sports suspension - standard on Sport and S Line

S Line suspension - option on S Line

- at least that's how it was described to me

I think the s-line comes standard with sports suspension. deselecting that takes it all the way back to SE comfort suspension. You can also opt for a sportier s line suspension with the s line though despite its name, that isn't how it comes as standard!

SE Comfort - standard on SE. OPtion on Sport and S Line

Sports suspension - standard on Sport and S Line

S Line suspension - option on S Line

- at least that's how it was described to me

Hmm.. if s-line suspension isn't standard with s-line sportback, then how come there's no option to add it on the UK audi configurator?

that's true but the brochure is very specific on this: Sports suspension (lowered by 15mm) is standard on Sport and S line. Option 2UA is to deselect it and go standard suspension and option 2UG is to select S Line suspension and lower by an additional 10mm

that's true but the brochure is very specific on this: Sports suspension (lowered by 15mm) is standard on Sport and S line. Option 2UA is to deselect it and go standard suspension and option 2UG is to select S Line suspension and lower by an additional 10mm

But if they've erased the option from the configurator, who's to say they haven't also changed what comes as standard since printing the brochure?

You can't have s line suspension on the sportback at all now!

S-line suspension has been removed from UK spec sportbacks for the time being. They come with Sport suspnesion as standard, or you can downgrade to SE free of charge (I did this)

^ the dealer I spoke to. The configurator does say in the description of the option to deselect sports suspension that it returns it to standard ride height. Don't forget too that you can't place an order using the configurator. It is just a tool to spec the car and you then have to go through the order process at a dealership

It would be interesting not only to feel but to see how the increased height affects the s-line

I wouldn't take the configurator as gospel; there's quite a bit it doesn't show on there. No side skirts on S Line 3 door. Doesn't show Privacy Glass when selected. No option to add the Service Pack etc etc.

But if they've erased the option from the configurator, who's to say they haven't also changed what comes as standard since printing the brochure?

S-Line suspension was an option on the Sport model, both with the 3-door and the Sportback, but has since been withdrawn on the Sportback. The brochure has been updated to show this too.

If you deselect the Sports suspension on the S-Line or Sport models, you'll end up with the standard SE suspension. Whilst this may give the additional comfort you're looking for, I'd be worried about the ride height and wheelarch gaps looking very odd with 18" wheels.

My colleague has a 3 door S-line with the SE suspension. I took a photo and had a good look at it before ordering the same setup on my SB, looks ok to me - but it's well worth seeing one in person if you're considering it.

A3 S line with SE Suspension

My colleague has a 3 door S-line with the SE suspension. I took a photo and had a good look at it before ordering the same setup on my SB, looks ok to me - but it's well worth seeing one in person if you're considering it.

View attachment 12524

Love the red !!! Gotta say didn't think it would be noticeable though with the different ride hight's but think you can!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 432
Yep, agreed it looks slightly higher. 15mm lower on Sports, or 25mm lower with S-line. Is yours the S-line suspension?

Yes it's S-line suspension , but really without putting the two side by side I'd never be able to tell. Which to me is a good thing , as then its down to how the car feels and how you like the ride! Rather then getting it lowered just because they think it looks good!

mark

Yeah - in which case i'm not sure you'd see any difference at all between SE and Sport. Will stick up some better photos of mine when I get it at the weekend (also Glacier White).

Yeah - in which case i'm not sure you'd see any difference at all between SE and Sport. Will stick up some better photos of mine when I get it at the weekend (also Glacier White).

look forward to seeing it :)

what dealers you picking up from?

Slough - Sytner. Getting very impatient now!

just remember if you don't post pictures up within 10mins of getting the car , you're instantly thrown off the site !!!

i even took photos of when it was under its silver Audi cover in the show room, just before , just like being Paul Daniels , I whipped the cover off !!! Lol

Blimey - 10 mins! I'll be on the look out for the forum member stood in the corner with a stopwatch when I collect it!

Not sure exactly when I will collect it yet as it depends if i can take it away as part of the launch weekend, or just after.

Blimey - 10 mins! I'll be on the look out for the forum member stood in the corner with a stopwatch when I collect it!

Not sure exactly when I will collect it yet as it depends if i can take it away as part of the launch weekend, or just after.

have they given you a slot for hand over ?