1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New / spare key options

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by jonny1985, Feb 28, 2013.

1. jonny1985

jonny1985 Member

Well really enjoying the new S3 since buying it last month . My car only came with the main key there was no spare key. What are my options when it comes to a spare key? Don't fancy the plastic emergency key from Audi tho. Any links pictures etc would be a great help

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. A3Kent

A3Kent Well-Known Member
    Team Daytona TDi Audi A3 S-line

I think your only proper option is to get another from your Audi Dealer. You'll need to take the V5 document I think to prove you are the registered owner of the car.

4. audigex

audigex Active Member

Take the V5, your ID and the car (and the current key, but that's kind of implied) - you need to get any other keys removed from the vehicle ASAP in case a previous owner comes along and nicks it, or the key has been lost/stolen and the finder/thief finds the car.

They're not cheap, but it's nice to have two proper keys.

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Same here, use dealer for the best secure path to a 2nd key & also gives you opportunity to recode existing incase someone has other, so car isnt at risk anymore.

6. craigynett

craigynett Member

you don't have to go to the dealers. Just find somebody who does keys for a living, they'll do exactly the same job as Audi but for less money & they'll also come to you

what area are you in?