1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Smartphone

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by quattrojames, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Red Hampshire

Red Hampshire New Member

Has anyone bought the HD2 and got it syncd to an Audi factory fit car kit. I am keen to know if the phone uses rSAP or not?
  2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've had a Bold 9700 for a few days now, it's actually on a weeks trial, but I really like it!

Its a nice size, neither big or small and just feels right to hold. Typing is very easy even though the keys are small they are well placed. I like the BlackBerry OS and setting it up to my existing email address took seconds. The browser is quick, and the signal strength good.

It has GPS and works very well with Google Maps giving your location to within 3 metres which is pretty impressive! I have downloaded Appworld, and there are plenty of Apps available, both free and chargeable.

I'm impressed, does anyone else have one?

[​IMG]
  3. WilkoS3

WilkoS3 Member

I've just ordered the BB 9700 with T-mob but it's out of stock so it's on back order promised for early next week.

Did you keep yours and if so are you still happy with it?

Once I recieve mine I have a week to decide if I want to keep it. The only other option was the HTC HD2........................decisions, decisions!! :shrug:
  4. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor

You'll be happy with the BlackBerry :) my 9800 Curve is the shizz.
  5. quattrojames

Yes I did, I've had it about three weeks and I'm really impressed with it. It does everything I need it to, and as it's my first BB I'm enjoying the ease of access to emails etc - the push email is flawless. Battery life is outstanding too, lasts about three days of fairly heavy use, calls, internet, emails, bluetooth hands free etc.

I'm sure you would be pleased with it.
  6. WilkoS3

WilkoS3 Member

Thanks, the phone arrived today. Well happy so far.......nice piece of kit:o.k:
  7. quattrojames

Glad you're pleased with it. I've had mine almost three weeks now, and can't recommend it enough. The BB OS takes a couple of days to get the hang of it, but its very intuitive when you do.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  8. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Cant stand the BB's, simple fact I used to set these up for users in an enterprise enviroment/it etc & so annoying just to use them, service books etc, also dealing with the BES, much prefer a touch screen these days with decent os & short step setups, but not even my tocco is short to setup an email account, but works bloody well when its done considering its not exactly a smartphone as such.

But, I'm on the prow for a new handset, so watch this space, wont be BB thats for sure & that new HD2 is huge tbh, bigger than the iphone 3gs so that might be a no no even if its got a 1ghz proc, always found the HTC's way to bloated which I guess is why they upped the proc so much huh so you could at least use it at a sensible pace.
  9. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Ok got an SE Satio arriving tuesday that should have the new fixed firmware on as all were recalled, so update when used.
  10. AUDI A4 SLINE QUATTRO 2.0

AUDI A4 SLINE QUATTRO 2.0 Member

BLACKBERRY ALL THE WAY FOR ME :applaus:
  11. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I just got myself an Nokia N97, only because I've only ever used Nokia since I've had a mobile phone. Great phone, but now wished I'd gone for the iphone, the applications are endless!
    Blackberry phones are great for networking amongst friends though, so if you like to keep close links with a tight group of friends, then they are great... they all have to own one though.
  12. beanoir

beanoir Sharpest Tongue in the West

i've been through a few "smartphones" and have had and still do use a Blackerry for work.

I have to admit the iPhone 3GS I currently have is the best of the bunch for me, it really is incredible, yes it has some faults, but then so many others in different ways.

A big win for me with the iPhone is it's impressively simplistic and intuitive user interface, you can tell that Apple employ far superior designers and spend far more money on R&D than many others in the industry to develop the products they do. To me the experience of using a device plays a large part of ownership satisfaction.
  13. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Ok quick post, got the SE Satio, atm it seems to suck rse big time, crashed on 1st power up & then to slow, way to go Orange, I'll check for firmware update.
  14. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Should have gone with the HTC like me Nige, you know you liked it :)
  15. NHN

NHN Modmetractor

Hey its free & also can swap to other handsets, so here we go, lol