New side lights fitted

Fitted mine today, they look the dogs. Maybe a bit blue, but I'm really pleased with them

So easy to fit. Will take some pics when i get a moment :D

I have been meaning to change my sidelights for years but have been to lazy, and with my car being in bits and the lights being handily easy to get at i might as well do it now before the bumper goes back on.

Does anyone know if i can get these led bulbs from halfords or similar store, if not led, what bulb would you recommend so there not those silly gay yellows like i have at the moment, justed wanted to try and get some in the morning while i have the car in bits.

Cheers

Swede

fitted mine, and i cant believe the difference. absolutely love em....top marks for posting this thread bud. :)

leecs3, can I ask which bulbs you bought for each:

Front
Rear
Interior

Cheers

Hi guys i want some LED blubs for my 2 interior lights on the roof and some for my number plate which ones do i go for??

Jason

i have number plate bulbs (festoons) with voltage regulartors & they ve been fine for almost a year.

my crappy leds just blew yesterday :(
also about 3 weeks...at least they were cheap!

now ordered the ones off ebay everyone else has. hope they'll last :)

Fitted mine yesterday!

Super happy with my fleabay purchase, now lets see how long they last! :ermm:

No idea how to put photo's up, so will put a photo in my gallery later!

Enjoy

I have the PIAA ones and they are a great match for Xenons, and havle lasted me just over 2 years and 3 sets of headlights. I have festoon type ones int my No plate lamps and have been through 3 units in a year, but at only a tenner for 5, why worry?

Buster said:
They just pull out, keep trying and you will get them out.

Would you recommend not pulling the bulbs out by the wires?

I have just attempted to remove them and had to give up - for now. Drivers side has the washer bottle in the way, the passenger side has the battery in the way!! I've big hands and just couldn't get any real grip on what feels like the back of the socket for the bulb! Is that what I need to be pulling on? :sos:

Cheers,

ICE

mate i had the exact same problem! TDI fuel filter makes the washer bottle inthe way of the light! dont fancy pulling the wires it seems like a tight fit. i ended up giving up as well :uhm:

Don't give up guys and I wouldn't recommend pulling the wires

Got the drivers side out and my LED bulbs are too big!

I have been sanding it down to fit and is currently wedged in place, but still can't get the passenger side out - what a mission!

Cheers,

ICE

oooh, when i wanted to swap my xenon bulbs, had the same problem, had to remove the battery to get at it :(
i wouldn't have expected audi to make such a dumb design...

Does removing the battery cause any problems - radio codes etc? :unsure:

It will be the first time I have had to do it.

Cheers,

ICE

vanilla_ice said:
Does removing the battery cause any problems - radio codes etc? :unsure:

It will be the first time I have had to do it.

Cheers,

ICE

No need unless you have big hands!! Loosen of the battery holding strap or remove it and unclip the plastic holder that fitted around the back and sides of the battery so you can move the battery around by a couple of inches. Best way to get at the bulb is to stand with you right hand side against the wing, reach in and just wiggle the bulb with a slight pull from varying angles. It will pop out easily when its ready. Don't force it.

leecs3 said:
No need unless you have big hands!! Loosen of the battery holding strap or remove it and unclip the plastic holder that fitted around the back and sides of the battery so you can move the battery around by a couple of inches. Best way to get at the bulb is to stand with you right hand side against the wing, reach in and just wiggle the bulb with a slight pull from varying angles. It will pop out easily when its ready. Don't force it.

Thats the technique that proved most likely when I tried earlier. I will be having another go tomorrow and BOTH sidelights WILL be in come Monday!

I'll post some photos when there in.

Cheers,

ICE

sorry didn't mean to be misleading, i removed the battery because i was trying to get the xenon bulbs out, which are pretty long so need more space. the sidelights can be removed without removing anything else.

I would avoid cheap LED sidelights like the plague........
Fitted a set to my A4 having bought them via Ebay, one was blue, the other was white, grrrrrrrrr.
Got that sorted by seller,(ended up with 2 spares), went through all the LEDS in about 3 months, went back to conventional bulbs about 6 months ago, no probs since.....
Run PIAA bulbs in my headlights, and have since read that LEDS are very prone to heat damage, don't know if my PIAA's caused the sidelights to go, but going by whats on this thread reckon it was crap LEDS.......

Fitted my LED sidelights last night. Look good when its just them but not to sure when I have the dipped on as well. Is there a buld out there which produces a whiter light I can use for my headlights.

Cheers

sure, if you got xenons, you can buy 6000k(about white) OR 8000K(blueish) bulbs for it.

i also fitted them yesterday. here is a pic:

no, in that case you can buy different bulbs that look whiter.i beleive philips makes ones called diamond vision? well i'm not sure...but they do have different bulbs that look like xenons, they are the blue ones if that helps?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H3-Philips-Di...ryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

like this. this one says 5000k so it should be close to white, allthough you need at least 6000k for the xenon look.

My right side LED is started to go I think. It will flash on an off constantly.
Will see if its still happening tomorrow and go back to the standard ones if it is.

www.Powerbulbs.co.uk have a good selection of whiter/blue bulbs for those of us without Xenons. I have some powerbulbs bluelights in my A4 and I'd recommend them. Though I may well go for some +80% ones in the near future....

Well guys hate to say i told you so but the Oiaa bulbs wont blow mine still going strong almost a year now.

Oiaa? :haha:

its been almost 2 months now and my new set of LEDs are fine. i guess its all up to luck.

give it time, its not luck its just the in-consistancy of the voltage & how well the LED's cope with it. Eventually they will flicker (blow).

well then it will be back to the filament bulb for me! the LEDs look too white for the xenons anyway.

your choice mate but cheap Piaa will last & look much better. Just my opinion. (check ebay)

Replaced my LEDs with the standard ones.

The LED's from ebay looked really good, and tbh i didnt expect anything different for the money i paid! Well worth the money, even though they failed!

They looked a bit silly with normal halogen lights tbh. I won't be buying any more unless/untill i get some HID main beams

Ed said:
Replaced my LEDs with the standard ones.

The LED's from ebay looked really good, and tbh i didnt expect anything different for the money i paid! Well worth the money, even though they failed!

They looked a bit silly with normal halogen lights tbh. I won't be buying any more unless/untill i get some HID main beams

Thats fair enough then i understand your point.

I ain't bothering as my sidelight blew earlier in the year and I had three mates trying to change it and it was not coming out so had to wait for my service

74 replies and not one person has thanked Buster for his information

miserable shits can't even thank not in person

voorhees said:
miserable shits can't even thank not in person

I don't think the 'Thanking' system was even around when his post was made.

How come you haven't thanked him then ;)

Well I have just had my LED side lights die!

So fitted them on the 23rd Nov replaced 23rd Jan, unsure about the life time!

But they look great!

Good luck all and thanks Buster!! lol