New side lights fitted

Buster

Reaction score
I decided to go for the cheap ones of ebay as they were only £2.70, here is a before and after pics.

These are the ones I bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2pcs-501-Wide...0QQihZ010QQcategoryZ72233QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Before
stf001.jpg

After
stf004.jpg

Not bad for the money and a good colour match IMO

Take 2 mins to fit, I don't know what bulbs the A4 uses but it is more than likely going to be the 501's

Look excellent...in fact, they look that good I have just ordered a pair....How long did they take to arrive?

Bricktop said:
Look excellent...in fact, they look that good I have just ordered a pair....How long did they take to arrive?

They took 5 days

just bought some too. Thanks for the tip!!

i want some too, look much better than the yellow whos up for a group buy lol.

Looks great, although i recon in time them LED's will begin to flicker or just blow. I went for Piaa's they have lasted me months now only cheap ones to.

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sea...action=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

They even do a quattro one LOL

much better than standard ! can you get brake light versions ?

I've gone through 2 sets of the budget LED sidelights so far, they blow so easily, so I'm back to the standard ones for now.... the Piaa ones are to go for then right?

anyone know which bulb type the fogs and high beams are?? May aswell replace the lot in one go!!

jojo said:
I've gone through 2 sets of the budget LED sidelights so far, they blow so easily, so I'm back to the standard ones for now.... the Piaa ones are to go for then right?

Yeah i ve had mine months not far off a year, there the cheap ones to & not a problem. If your not going for piaa try to find ones with a voltage regulator or resistor. Check www.ultraleds.co.uk i bought number plate LED bulbs for mine with voltage regulators & again no problems but lesser ones just kept blowing

Yeah great find Buster!

A great look, looks good with sliver for sure!

How easy are they to fit? Just looked under the bonnet and there is hardly any room to no room.

I hate to follow the crowd, but just ordered some too:sorry:

Thanks

Why do they look so good on your car? lol, i fitted the exact same sidelight bulbs last week and they look much bluer, but still better than standard.

The N/S ones are a ****** to fit on my 1.8TS as the battery is right in the way to get to the light unit, i had to loosen the clamp holding the battery in place so i could fit my large hands into the compartment to get the old bulb out, i found it helped to twist the bulb at least 90 degrees to get the bulb to come out (just pull them), however i don't strictly know if that is the correct technique for removing them.

mattyboy199 said:
Check www.ultraleds.co.uk i bought number plate LED bulbs for mine with voltage regulators & again no problems but lesser ones just kept blowing

Which bulbs did you go for to fit for the number plate and do they come with regulators in them or are they seperate? as i dont know which ones are which

If fitted the PIAA Terra's to mine after buying too any cheapo ones that kept blowing. Look the dogs knackers IMHO. Also got PIAA Extreme Force in the main beam too.
If you want PIAA ones let me know and i will see what i can do.

Does anyone know the name for the xenon bulbs which flicker blue in some angles?

sorry to hyjack thread peeps, im just wondering thats all...cause you see them on some of the new audi s lines

by the way they look excellent....iv just bought some :)

thanks for any help

no problem man, i was thinking on changing all possible bulbs to LED but i dont think its worth the exspense.

Mo-S3 said:
If fitted the PIAA Terra's to mine after buying too any cheapo ones that kept blowing. Look the dogs knackers IMHO. Also got PIAA Extreme Force in the main beam too.
If you want PIAA ones let me know and i will see what i can do.

So which PIAA ones are needed to get the desired effect? Is there a size to follow? TIA

jesters3 said:
So which PIAA ones are needed to get the desired effect? Is there a size to follow? TIA

You need the W5W for the sidelights otherwise known as wedge fitment. The high beams are H7. Xtreme Force are the ones to go for on these.

Mo-S3 said:
You need the W5W for the sidelights otherwise known as wedge fitment. The high beams are H7. Xtreme Force are the ones to go for on these.

Nice darts, cheers.

guys, ive just changed my headlight, mainbeam and sidelight bulbs for xenon/blue. but my fogs are still yellow, does anyone know what the bulb model number is for these so i can change the fog bulbs aswell?

by the way, driver side changing of the bulbs is a piece of ****, but ill advise to move the battery for passenger side, coz its a ****** nightmare.

My LED sidelights came today from ebay although he sent round top ones and not flat top as advertised...now the light emitted from them is a narrow beam and dosen't catch any of the reflector! So don't look as good as Buster's:(

my new sidelights came today, jus had ago at fitting them, sorry to sound dumb but how the hell do u get the old ones out? i tried twisting them and no joy, its freezing and fiddley so thaught itd b a good idea to get some instructions first lol.
i mean 2mins would b ideal when u know how.

Just received my 2 sets from the link at the top of this thread, none of the 4 bulbs work. Put the original ones back in and they are ok

curley said:
Just received my 2 sets from the link at the top of this thread, none of the 4 bulbs work. Put the original ones back in and they are ok

flip the bulbs through 180° and try again. LED's have to be in the correct direction to work.

curley said:
Tried that. still no joy

bad luck. Heres pics of mine front and rear. Done all the interior lighting too. I wonder how difficult it would be to switch the dash illumination to blue!!!

DSC02092.jpg

DSC02094.jpg

DSC02074b.jpg

QUATTRO_REP said:
my new sidelights came today, jus had ago at fitting them, sorry to sound dumb but how the hell do u get the old ones out? i tried twisting them and no joy, its freezing and fiddley so thaught itd b a good idea to get some instructions first lol.
i mean 2mins would b ideal when u know how.

They just pull out, keep trying and you will get them out.