new shiney bits :)

Adam-D

Reaction score
my new exhaust

newexhaust1.jpg

dont know if itll get any louder as it beds in, but its the quietest aftermarket system ive ever had

and my side repeators
newsiderep2.jpg

Some nice bits, you'll probably find the exhaust won't get much louder. They are notoriously quiet on A4's for some reason.

Hope you're gonna sort out that ride height too...

yup looking at bilstien shocks and 40mm spring of some make...

i got braided hoses too, but garage said they were the wrong ones, loking at the listing, there is only 2 types, quattro and non quattro

most CAT equipped cars are pretty quiet as he cat is a very good silencer, and a turbo acts as a very good silencer too. If you unbolted the system from the cat it wouldn't be all the loud anyway.

I was shunting my landrover around my mates farm with no exhaust bar the turbo downpipe and it was only producing a reasonable burble, certainly wasnt loud.

The flexis are a tricky one, there is differences between quattro and non-quattro, but there are also differences between pre-97 and post-97 rear calipers. All the front hoses are the same. but there are at least 4 different types of rear hoses (i think s4 is different again). Yours is post-97 and i'd bet they supplied the earlier hoses as someone else on this forum (byzan perhaps?) had the same issue.

Yep it was i !!!

Goodridge hoses maybe? If you contact Phil Martin @ goodridge, he will have the pattern for the rear caliper hoses that go to the banjo joints on the capiler. The car to axle ones fit no problem, its the caliper end thats different. Its around 1997/98 where Auid used the alloy calipers with the banjos as far as i can tell.Assuming you are 2wd anyway

HTH

Ans since i fitted a cat, i have lost the drone i had (thank god) although on full chat is was great, it got tiresome on a run

ive had decat made no noise diiffernce i could tell. but then like you did i got a brand new jetex exhaust system and it was so quite so i sort of removed the middle box and woohoo not stupid loud just nice and roarty.

right i am 2wd, i will try to contact phill martin, but i got the hoses from need-for-speed.co.uk

would this phill still help me out?

cheers :)

right i am 2wd, i will try to contact phill martin, but i got the hoses from need-for-speed.co.uk

would this phill still help me out?

cheers :)

If they are goodridge yes he will,(phil.martin@goodridge.net) i got mine from another user on here lol

Just make sure it is the same problem i had and you are away !!

100_1224.jpg

100_1225.jpg

And these are probably the oses you need to get

100_1233.jpg

cheers you have been a massive help, i will check my car and e-mail phill see what can be done

here are my rear calipers, i guess looking at the pics above mine are the same and are alloy

Image138.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image139.jpg

Image141.jpg

Thats the bad boys, speak to Phil@ Goodridge mate, he will be able to help you

Here is what i recvd from him
100_1261.jpg

sport came in half leather, they are standard 1.8t b5 seats

on a plus note im getting some rear hoses for it thanks to phill @ goodridge :)

woo, wont get them yet as they have to be made, but i will have them when i come back from germany, so that will be a job i may undertake myself,