Audi Main Dealer
Platinum Supporter
Reaction score
New series of top gear Sunday at 8pm on BBC 2. :) x

Reactions: Nilz, markos72, Artimus and 1 other person
Thanks for heads up princess,just set the reminder.:salute:

Reactions: Sandra
Thanks for heads up princess,just set the reminder.:salute:

Your welcome Steve. Im all set up to record it, even though i be watching, lol. :) Enjoy. :) x

Reactions: WOLF
I forgot it was coming back on, thanks for the reminder Sandra.

Was a pretty decent watch - although I missed the first 10 mins which was basically the whole feature on the hot hatches boooo.

Reasonably priced car a £17k Astra now though...............................?! Entertaining to watch, Jimmy Carr's effort was amazing haha!!

******, I missed it...doesn't seem to be on iPlayer yet either

Serious LOL at the hire car feature....."everyone knows a hire car is clearly the fastest car in the world" :)

Reminded me of when I had a Focus Zetec for 4 months as a hire car....lol

reasonably priced car section was a tad boring, but loved the cat racing the hire car.

​I liked the car versus the cat, poor james had a rough few hours, lol. :) x

Was a pretty decent watch - although I missed the first 10 mins which was basically the whole feature on the hot hatches

It was interesting to see some entry level cars put round the track and compare them to the exotica. Anyone know how long a lap of the TG track is?

Serious LOL at the hire car feature....."everyone knows a hire car is clearly the fastest car in the world" :)

Reminded me of when I had a Focus Zetec for 4 months as a hire car....lol

What P J O'Rourke actually said was:

"Some people say a front-engine car handles best. Some people say a rear-engine car handles best. I say a rented car handles best."

What P J O'Rourke actually said was:

"Some people say a front-engine car handles best. Some people say a rear-engine car handles best. I say a rented car handles best."

Yep he did say that - but he also kept on saying that a hire car is the fastest car in the world....

The whole point of the feature was that you would never treat your own car the way he did the hire car and therefore get to places quicker. E.g taking the 20 mile short cut down a hill! lol Can't say it handled to well down there! lol

Was a pretty decent watch - although I missed the first 10 mins which was basically the whole feature on the hot hatches boooo.

Reasonably priced car a £17k Astra now though...............................?! Entertaining to watch, Jimmy Carr's effort was amazing haha!!
Yeah, I thought they might have got a Dacia. Since they are cheapest new car out there and James May loves them!

I guess its all relative - 17k doesnt really get you much new car these days, and it is titled 'reasonably' rather than 'cheap'.

Surprise, Surprise, they pick the Ford as best hatch :ohmy:
Ford must be paying them really well or they genuinely do like them!

Enjoyed it as a whole but the hot hatch bit was boring.......I hate french cars so that didn't help.
Full of great humour as always

I think more like Vauxhall are paying them loads for publicity. Did you see how many times Hammond mentioned 'lifetime warrenty'!!!!! And I thought the BBC were banned from doing product placement!!!!!

In tonights episode, James May is driving the Audi R8 V10, should be interesting giving Captain Slow such a great supercar, lol. :)

Reactions: gogz s3 and A4B8Sline
​Most enjoyable show tonight. :) x

Reactions: StateOfPlay
Very Enjoyable. Nice to see an Audi on it for once (even if it is an R8, we can only dream.)

Is it Really Fair to compare an R8 to a Ferrari and McClaren?? Surely a semi mass-produced supercar like an R8 is in a different league from Handbuilt Supercars?

Very Enjoyable. Nice to see an Audi on it for once (even if it is an R8, we can only dream.)

Is it Really Fair to compare an R8 to a Ferrari and McClaren?? Surely a semi mass-produced supercar like an R8 is in a different league from Handbuilt Supercars?

I'd say it was fair tbh.

The R8 won almost every test they put it up against and the others were about £70k more! lol......no brainer on which was the best budget super car really (which the whole test was about). If it was a test around the best convertible supercar around - then yes; totally unfair test and something else from the VAG stable could be used instead.

I think more like Vauxhall are paying them loads for publicity. Did you see how many times Hammond mentioned 'lifetime warrenty'!!!!! And I thought the BBC were banned from doing product placement!!!!!

I only caught the end of Sunday's episode but the amount of times the Santander bank was shown was terrible. They didn't stop on the shop front but it just lingered long enough for me to think of how much they'd been paid. Does the license fee not cover Clarkson's antics? Probably not...

BBC changed their stance on product placement several years ago as I had this discussion a while back with a friend that works for them. Hence actual brands of beer and bottles in pubs on soaps.

Not a bad series so far, really quite enjoying it. Even the missus was chuckling away at some of it.

Vauxhall have blatantly given them the Reasonably Priced Car in a bid to shake their image of producing utter tat that always gets slated on the show. They even have the Vauxhall "angry chicken" logo stitched onto the seats which I don't recall seeing on the Suzuki, Chevrolet or Kia.

As someone who lives in Ireland, where the State Broadcaster gets all the licensing fee and is also allowed sell advertising I have to disagree with S3Dave... While we don't have the revenue generated from License fee's that the UK does. A lot of the Money goes to paying the talent, be they producers, actors, presenters, or directors. The Fact is as an outsider who has to pay Sky or a similar provider a ridiculous amount of money every month for the UK freeview Channels (And Extra for HD). I think you get quite a good service from what is essentially a public service Broadcaster.

Imagine a world where a show like Top Gear would be restricted to an informative factual show about motoring issues? It would not be half as good, Nowhere near as entertaining, and probably wouldn't justify sending the 3 presenters to Spain for a Weekend in 3 Supercars. The Current Top Gear programme is re-sold all over the world (not just Dave :sm4:) and probably funds a large part of itself that way.

I think you get great value for your license fee in the UK. Over here we get 1 HD channel which is mostly US imports, and re-runs of (often exceptionally high quality) BBC HD Shows.

Mind you; Eastenders is utter Tat!

Lol @ the Green SLS Mercedes. "Turn up your volume & listen to This!" Jeremy's a ****** hoot sometimes.

Have been playing catchup with BBC iPlayer and just watched the Spanish drive... Incredible to think that whole towns and even an airport are just left...

We think we have it hard!