New screen issues

Leevr

Reaction score
Had a new screen fitted last Friday. Few issues with it.
1. is that the plastic panel that clips in to the bottom of the screen doesn't fit. Wrong shape screen bottom bonded strip.
2. The mirror looks like its pealing away from the screen. White opaque colour.
3. Could you if you have an S3 8V have a look at where in my pictures you can see the sensor to see if your is hidden. When my screen came out it was left with the bonded mount for the mirror with what I thought looked and felt like black gel. Autowindscreens are telling me its should be clear. Just can't remember seeing the sensors on the screen.
4. Fitted my mirror off centre. Not by much, but enough for me to notice. Only have to see it till next Friday when it'll be changed.
20180223 143847 1701x3024
20180223 144237 3024x1701
20180223 144245 3024x1701

Did you have an original Audi windscreen fitted.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Did you have an original Audi windscreen fitted.
Was told by the guy from auto windscreen that wasn't possible. Now after being on here that seems not to be the case. Need a photo of an original screen with a close up of the sensor.

I would contact your insurance company and tell them you have issues with the new windscreen. You can ask for an original screen to be fitted but you will have to pay a much larger upfront payment.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Leevr
Paid £140 upfront for this **** one

Reactions: Audi Bairn and GW1
I had a replacement screen back in September last year, told them I will only accept an OE manufactured one only and they had to order one (which took a couple of days)

Got a call back and they said they had the exact part number I was looking for with the same acoustic sign on my original so happy days. Got an installer done at work an very happy. If your not happy with your installer you should go back to the window screen and hopefully they get it sorted.

Reactions: Leevr
Now being told that it's just a cosmetic issue and nothing wrong with it. Beg to differ.
Mirror off centre
White blob on the screen
Trim not fitting at the bottom of the screen
Refusing to fit a genuine audi screen. They're saying company policy is that I have another aftermarket screen fitted albeit another manufacturer. If I go elsewhere I'll need to shell out another £140 excess. Wishing I'd lived with the old screen.