NEW Sachs clutch is slipping!

e93c66f0f2df54fe767541901d24002f.jpg

a7a6c0b5bcc7206d385a657e62c7754d.jpg

16825c121350d27105378db1b1e836b0.jpg

It's odd that the three main hotspots are equidistant and matching. The three on the flywheel are where bolts are fitted to the other side. Also there's a lot of play (not rotational) between the centre boss and main mass of the flywheel.

There are some other areas of heating but I would estimate they cover no more than 15% of the surface. My guess is these are all high spots and represent the total clamping area.. Might therefore explain the slipping which should not be that bad, even with a standard clutch cover.

Really pleased it's finally working.

It IS a good clutch,but there was clearly something seriously wrong with your one from the start.

Thanks Alex. I think you're right. Can't wait to drive it now. Unfortunately gave myself a hernia ten days ago and having an op tomorrow - then no driving for ten days!!!!! :Flush:

Funny you say this.

Because i had the same problem with the kit that i got from aps as well. And had the same issues as you have described, and you would be the 5th person now i have read with the same issue with the S3 Clutch

3 months of having it in, i cracked it and removed and went a LOBA Motorsports SMF kit and i am 10x happier. (running sachs organic clutch though).

It's odd that the three main hotspots are equidistant and matching. The three on the flywheel are where bolts are fitted to the other side. Also there's a lot of play (not rotational) between the centre boss and main mass of the flywheel.

There are some other areas of heating but I would estimate they cover no more than 15% of the surface. My guess is these are all high spots and represent the total clamping area.. Might therefore explain the slipping which should not be that bad, even with a standard clutch cover.

That sounds very likely.

You'd need it checked for flatness to be sure,but what else could cause that.

Good luck for the op!