1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW Sachs clutch is slipping!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Old-Boy-Racer, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Old-Boy-Racer

Old-Boy-Racer Guest

2. Old-Boy-Racer

Old-Boy-Racer Guest

3. Rhyso

Rhyso Member

Mmm toasty!!
  4. Old-Boy-Racer

Old-Boy-Racer Guest

It's odd that the three main hotspots are equidistant and matching. The three on the flywheel are where bolts are fitted to the other side. Also there's a lot of play (not rotational) between the centre boss and main mass of the flywheel.

There are some other areas of heating but I would estimate they cover no more than 15% of the surface. My guess is these are all high spots and represent the total clamping area.. Might therefore explain the slipping which should not be that bad, even with a standard clutch cover.
  5. Old-Boy-Racer

Old-Boy-Racer Guest

Thanks Alex. I think you're right. Can't wait to drive it now. Unfortunately gave myself a hernia ten days ago and having an op tomorrow - then no driving for ten days!!!!! :Flush:
  6. fuzion

fuzion Member

Funny you say this.

Because i had the same problem with the kit that i got from aps as well. And had the same issues as you have described, and you would be the 5th person now i have read with the same issue with the S3 Clutch

3 months of having it in, i cracked it and removed and went a LOBA Motorsports SMF kit and i am 10x happier. (running sachs organic clutch though).
  7. S3Alex

S3Alex Rarely neutral

That sounds very likely.

You'd need it checked for flatness to be sure,but what else could cause that.

Good luck for the op!